Enable Play/Resume at App Launch for "Vehicle Mode"

gyakusetsu

I am utilizing Poweramp in my vehicle's Parrot Asteroid smart android-based head unit and LOVE it. I even have it set to launch Poweramp at startup so it is the first thing I see. Looks great in my car with a red skin loaded, and plays what I need it to flawlessly... well... almost.

My beef with using Poweramp for automotive infotainment is that I have to press the play button every time the app starts. There should be an option in the settings to allow play at application startup (kinda like how play is triggered by inserting a headphone jack, or connecting via A2DP). Also, resume is weird and sometimes skips forward by a few tracks or even to the next album/folder in the list.

You see, when the parrot head unit shuts down with your car, it literally does a cold shut down after about 15 minutes to keep your car's battery from dying, so Poweramp sometimes either loses or incorrectly resumes it's last played track, position, and playing functionality until manually selected again. Pretty annoying, overall. I have set it so that I get the player screen at startup so all I have to do is hit the play button, but I would like to just have music play when my car starts like a normal car stereo unit would. These seem like VERY simple features to integrate and I can see it being helpful to lots of people on various other platforms.

So, overview:

• Add option to play at app launch
  • enhance ability to resume last played track at app launch (especially buggy when storage media is removed and replaced)

Do that, and you'll have my undying devotion for life <3

When I have my car PC ( nexus 7 ) shut down, and then boot on ignision I still have power amp running and it plays where it left off. Note: My shut down is done while Poweramp is playing. Even it I go home -> shut down, on boot it still plays where it left off. Sometimes it brings Poweramp back up and continues to play other times it does not. This is easy to fix with any start app on boot.

Well the main issue I have noticed is that the Parrot Asteroid Smart shuts the screen off when you take your keys out of the ignition, but is technically still on in standby mode for another 15 minutes, which is long enough to have Poweramp play 2-3 songs from where I left off (sometimes even advancing to the next album or artist).

On top of that, even with a nice startup app that launches Poweramp at boot, the player still needs to be manually played using a button. Even free players like Mort offer a simple setting option for playback on app launch.

So, I would love to revamp my request for changes:

-add an option in the settings to automatically play on app start.

- add an option to pause playback on screen off (standby mode).

Ok,  see, I guess my shut down is doing somthign differnt. Though if I close out of Power amp, it does not resume, your right.  

Then I will refraise. For a work aound use this for powering off.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yschi.autopoweroff

apply the tweak for auto on, when battery connected. Google for "fastboot oem off-mode-charge 0"

And I agree with the OP, this feature shoud be here?

Ugh, I have set that to shut down my device after the screen shts off, however the custom rom on this thing is just killing me here. The device automatically starts to turn on via vibrations (i.e. when you close your door/trunk) and shutting the unit down via an auto-shutdown app of any kind removes this functionality. I now have to power the unit on manually with the power button and a cold-boot takes forever without that bit of time for it to do its thing normally.

Basically, forcing it to shut down is a no-go.

Is there an app that kills apps when you turn your screen off? Maybe that would do it, but then I would run in to the issue of Poweramp losing my resume position.

I know that this is a feature that 95% of people wouldn't use normally, but in this instance it is just dern frustrating. I really wish Poweramp could just add it. I know it isn't a difficult thing!! **hint**hint**devs**hint**hint**

wow man, that sucks, I wish you could un do all of that and do what I do...

Is there an app that kills apps when you turn your screen off? automateit. its free!!

I here you with your request, getting a reply on here is next  to impostible. I dont think any PA devs watch the forums.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, automateit isn't compatible with my device. I have tried Tasker, which is similar, but it doesn't seem to work entirely. I believe the ROM on my Parrot Asteroid Smart doesn't quite work like any normal android device for pausing in that it can't recognize screen shutoffs the same because it is a jenky unique kind of standby mode that is not the same as using the power button that would normally shut off the screen and lock a device.

At least I got it to automatically toggle play/pause when the unit boots up. I set a task to simulate pause media button on SD Mount, which works. Even though there is a delay, at least half my battle is won!!!

Archived