[FIXED] Too many failed files, playing will stop now

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same phone, same problem after the update to official Android 4.4 KitKat. I tried everything. Uninstalling, removing data, clearing mediastorage, loading different files and all the stuff I could find on the internet. Nothing helped. Strange thing is, that all the files can be flawlessly played in other players. Please fix it, I love your player.

//Edit: I should add, that this message appears on every song, but when I search for just one song at a time and play it filtered (no other files in the queue or following the song, that is now "played"), it does the same thing. However when I click the play button really fast like 30-40 times, it actually plays it after a while. It is definetely a Poweramp software issue on the HTC One. Please have look at this

//Edit2: My version of Poweramp is the latest now available: 2.0.9-build-544-play (Full Version)

Hello!

I received 4.4.2 Android OTA update for my HTC One couple days ago. After that I can not play any music I've previously downloaded to the phone. My music library contains .mp3 and .flac files. All the files played without any problems before the update and I didn't add any new music last weeks.

I'm receiving two types of error messages:

1. Too many failed files, playing will stop now
  2. Failed to play file! %filename%

I tried the following few times:

1. Full Rescan (Settings -> Folders and Library);
  2. to reselect my folders (Settings -> Folders and Library -> Music Folders)
  3. to remove the last.fm scrobbler;
  4. to reinstall Poweramp.

Poweramp version: 2.0.9-build-544-play (Full version)

Device: HTC One

Android version: 4.4.2

Also I prepared the LogCat output: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2nswme1fsunnyk7/logcat_and_device_info.zip

I can confirm this. I have wiped my device and re-installed Poweramp - but still get the errors shown above. I went back to an earlier ROM and everything is working fine. The moment I upgrade to 4.4.2 - Poweramp starts showing the errors shown in the first post.

+1 (HTC One) same issue here. Received the OTA update to 4.4.2 and Poweramp stopped playing files. Wiped the whole device, copied new set of media files over and they still won't play. Downgraded to older ROM and Poweramp works fine on the same files. Seems like 4.4.2 has broken something. 

Thanks maxmp

I have used CM 11 and GE 4.4.2 on the HTC One and Poweramp is fine, albeit this was an older version of PA (not the new release).

At the moment this seems to point towards Sense/PA compatibility. However on my HTC One 4.4.2 with sense other players can play the music? So its confusing.

If I can help I'm more than happy to assist, I may try CM & GE later to test the new version of PA, however if this was a problem I'm sure you'd know about it by now :-)

We've tried HTC One @ 4.4.2 (4.19.401.8) and found no issues with playing or file skipping (tested Poweramp build 544).

This was a new, clean install of Poweramp on just-factory-reset device, though. Most probably, something in update corrupts Poweramp db on the device, I would suggest cleaning Poweramp data in Settings / Apps.

Thus, there is no issue with 4.19.401.8 and Poweramp build 544, but there may be issues with other 4.4.2 HTC Roms / user device environments. To investigate, we need a Logcat captured with apps like Catlog under root (as 4.4 requires root for log capturing) or via adb.

UPDATE: our HTC One is euro version. Apparently, issue hits non-Euro devices. Can please anyone with Poweramp affected send us or post your /proc/mounts file?

Thanks!

Here's my mount file, @radekat I used root explorer to open mine.

I'm going to try clearing down the PA data as suggested, although I think I have already tried this.

rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,seclabel,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=600 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
none /dev/timer_group cgroup rw,relatime,timer_slack 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,seclabel,relatime 0 0
selinuxfs /sys/fs/selinux selinuxfs rw,relatime 0 0
/sys/kernel/debug /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /sys/fs/cgroup tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=750,gid=1000 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /storage tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=050,gid=1028 0 0
tmpfs /storage/emulated tmpfs rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,relatime,mode=751,gid=1028 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
/dev/block/dm-0 /mnt/asec/com.rcreations.WebCamViewerPaid-1 ext4 ro,dirsync,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime 0 0
/dev/block/dm-1 /mnt/asec/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackupPro-1 ext4 ro,dirsync,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p35 /system ext4 ro,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,relatime,nobarrier,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p37 /data ext4 rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,discard,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
tmpfs /data/qcks tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,size=20480k,mode=750,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /data/efs tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,size=20480k,mode=750,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /data/secure/data tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
DxDrmServerIpc /data/DxDrm/fuse fuse.DxDrmServerIpc rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p36 /cache ext4 rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nobarrier,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 /devlog ext4 rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nobarrier,errors=continue,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p31 /firmware/mdm vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p16 /firmware/q6 vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/fuse /mnt/shell/emulated fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
/dev/fuse /storage/emulated/0 fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
/dev/fuse /storage/emulated/legacy fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0

ok here's mine:

rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,seclabel,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=600 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
none /dev/timer_group cgroup rw,relatime,timer_slack 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,seclabel,relatime 0 0
selinuxfs /sys/fs/selinux selinuxfs rw,relatime 0 0
/sys/kernel/debug /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /sys/fs/cgroup tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=750,gid=1000 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
/dev/block/dm-0 /mnt/asec/je.fit.pro-1 ext4 ro,dirsync,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime 0 0
/dev/block/dm-1 /mnt/asec/com.vividgames.realboxing-2 ext4 ro,dirsync,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime 0 0
/dev/block/dm-2 /mnt/asec/com.quoord.tapatalkHD-2 ext4 ro,dirsync,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p35 /system ext4 ro,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,relatime,nobarrier,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p37 /data ext4 rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,discard,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered 0 0
tmpfs /data/qcks tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,size=20480k,mode=750,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /data/efs tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,size=20480k,mode=750,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /data/secure/data tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
DxDrmServerIpc /data/DxDrm/fuse fuse.DxDrmServerIpc rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p36 /cache ext4 rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nobarrier,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 /devlog ext4 rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nobarrier,errors=continue,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p31 /firmware/mdm vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p16 /firmware/q6 vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/fuse /mnt/shell/emulated fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
tmpfs /storage/emulated tmpfs rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,relatime,mode=751,gid=1028 0 0
/dev/fuse /storage/emulated/0 fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
/dev/fuse /storage/emulated/legacy fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0

I've done data clearing and reinstalled Poweramp - no luck

Thanks for the feedback. For those who has rooted HTC One with this issue, can you please download/install Catlog app (free on Play), run it, hit menu => Recored, then start Poweramp and try to play any song, then immediately in Catlog => menu => Send => as attachment => gmail => poweramp.maxmpz at gmail.com.

Hit Catlog => menu => Stop record then. 

This will be quite helpful, as we can't reproduce this issue on our HTC One @ 4.4.2.

Thanks!

Will try the update and report, although I don't know if I'm going to be able to help much more (reason below).

I've made a discovery from another thread!

http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/5514-too-many-failed-files-playing-will-stop-now/ post by Kahzel @ 03:59

Quote " so I think in my case it will solve the problem when I just rearrange my files"

I moved all files from "one album" to the root of my music folder and then all my music started to work? I already have music in the root folder as well as other folder albums.

By doing the move this seemed to kick off something.

New version works, thanks for looking at this :-)

The issue was related to unique memory allocation on HTC One 4.2.2 across all other Android devices out of there, this revealed some bug in Poweramp, which wasn't noticeable on any other android device before One @ 4.2.2 (not all ROM One 4.2.2 builds were affected btw).

Thanks for the help with fixing the bug!

The issue was related to unique memory allocation on HTC One 4.2.2 across all other Android devices out of there, this revealed some bug in Poweramp, which wasn't noticeable on any other android device before One @ 4.2.2 (not all ROM One 4.2.2 builds were affected btw).

Thanks for the help with fixing the bug!

Thanks for helping and prioritising, we can now enjoy our favourite music on our favourite player ;-)

Archived