Alternative License Verification

jbtwelve

Like many android users today, I would like to do without google apps.

The one thing currently preventing me from doing this is that i purchased Poweramp from google play and it requires google play to verify the license.

I was wondering if you had, or could provide an alternative method for license verification, for e.g. like gemini app manager's separate (from google play) license verification process.

• 3 months later...

[i attempted to send you an email MAXMP however I keep receiving an automated reply in response]

Hi Maxmp,

I need your help!

(My phone [Android 4.1.2] does not have a constant connection to the internet)

Bought Poweramp-Unlocker through Google Play about a week ago. Successfully verified the license!!! YAY!!  Only to after an hour or so have the application fail to function due to "Error_Contacting_Server" license check error, which is pretty stupid given the license was verified less than an hour before and in that time I had not rebooted/restarted the phone! (I don't know if this continual verification procedure implemented into the software was Poweramp developers idea or Googles...I'm currently blaming Google... but it is just ridiculous!!)

So, I have searched all over the Poweramp website looking for support or a resolution. The best I could find was an article that told me to take these steps:

1. I uninstalled the Google Play version of Poweramp and PowerAmp_Unlocker.

2. Then downloaded Poweramp v2.0.9-build-554 direct from your website and installed.

3. Then re-downloaded Poweramp-Unlocker from Play.

4. Verified the license.

But the "Error Contacting Server" eventually pops up again ceasing function of the software :(

I love Poweramp!! It is AMAZINGLY GOOD AUDIO SOFTWARE... but only when it works.

Can you help me please?

Jason

License validation checks can occur within the first 24 (48?) hours of purchase, after that Google should not need to check again other than for hardware resets, re-installs, etc. Just connect to the internet and run the app and allow the check to complete, then you should be good to go. See also http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323551-google-play-response-error-contacting-server

Andre

License validation checks can occur within the first 24 (48?) hours of purchase, after that Google should not need to check again other than for hardware resets, re-installs, etc. Just connect to the internet and run the app and allow the check to complete, then you should be good to go.

Andre

Thank you Andre!

This information should be added to the F.A.Q.

Archived