Player freezes during playback

Hi everyone.

Poweramp is freezing during playback, at random times. It happens at random, and it doens't seem to matter if a song is playing or not. The only way for me to get the player to start working again is to reboot my phone.

I'm using:

Version: 2.0.9-build-541-arm-play (Full Version)

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy 3, running 4.4 Cynanogenmod.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can you please send us the track it freezes on (to poweramp.maxmpz at gmail.com). If track is random, this is most probably related to AudioTrack API/audio driver and something that is out of control of app/developer. Internally we run each release build for 10-12 hours before publishing it on set of all supported format files. But we don't test on each possible ROM/device combinations out there)

As for CM, we test on 10.1/10.2/10.3 on Samsung devices (S3).

Thanks!

Can you please send us the track it freezes on (to Poweramp.maxmpz at gmail.com). If track is random, this is most probably related to AudioTrack API/audio driver and something that is out of control of app/developer. Internally we run each release build for 10-12 hours before publishing it on set of all supported format files. But we don't test on each possible ROM/device combinations out there)

As for CM, we test on 10.1/10.2/10.3 on Samsung devices (S3).

Thanks!

It's happening on random tracks for me.There doesn't seem to be any pattern.

*edit*

It doesn't freeze when I use *** Music Player****

Maxim, are you planning to start to test app on CM11 firmware?

I'm curious about this too. When do you plan to start testing CM11? When they release a stable version?

Maxin,I have the same problem,the system music player Apollo and Google Music get the same issue,too. (It seems like related to MediaProvider/MediaService). 百度音乐(Baidu Music)/酷狗音乐(Kugou Music) will never freeze.

It happens on all the KitKat ROMs:

I have tried CM 11/OmniROM/Asylum/SlimKat/SlimSaber/Dirty Unicorns/NightmareDU

Poweramp works fine on 4.3.

Now I am using 2.0.9-build-544-play(完整版) full version....

• 1 month later...

Ever since I flashed CyanogenMod 11 M4 (I came from CM 10.2 stable), I started experiencing freezes in Poweramp. CM 11 is build on Kitkat, I've read on other forums, that Poweramp is freezing on other Kitkat-Builds, too. 

Is there anything new?

Would be a shame if I had to fall back to an inferior music player. :(

We have latest CM 11 nightly installed on S3 and LG Optimus G and we can't reproduce this issue.

It seems like an audio driver bug in some CM releases. Update to newer CM releases is recommended. If you can't update, try to disable Fading in Poweramp Audio settings.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been getting freezes, too, but only when browsing the Internet.  

Specs:

HTC Desire X,

stock unrooted ROM running Jelly Bean 4.1.1,

Poweramp version 2.0.9-build-555-play (Full Version).

Symptom:

It happens when I'm running just about every browser, but only when running Poweramp at the same time, that is, not when I'm using the stock music app. I noticed that the priority of all the browsers was pretty high (180, or thereabouts), compared to Poweramp (53, or thereabouts), so tried changing the audio thread priority of Poweramp to maximum, but that didn't work. The only browser that doesn't make it crash is Opera Mini, probably because of the lack of flash. 

• 3 months later...

Yep, same here on galaxy sII and cyanogenmod 11. A few comments:

1) the file which was playing remains locked and other player can't access it anymore

2) if I try to kill Poweramp, it goes on a rampage to eat my battery :)

3) happens on both art and dalvik, also after reinstalling the app and cleaning data

PS. Oh, nevermind, found a thread with workaround http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/5876-Poweramp-freezesstops-playback-randomly-on-cm/page-2

Archived