App pauses when playing back over bluetooth

Running Poweramp 2.0.9 build 539 on a Nexus 4 with Android 4.4.2 and stock ROM.

Since around the time I upgraded to Android 4.4.2, I seem to have an issue playing anything over bluetooth.  When I do, the track seems to pause randomly for a few seconds quite often.  The app doesn't seem to be crashing, but listening to anything is not really possible over bluetooth.  The same tracks play fine using headphones.  I only have one bluetooth receiver (a Belkin Bluetooth Car Hands-Free Kit) but it seems to be operating properly.

• 1 month later...

I wanted to chime in on this issue.

I have a Honda HandsFreeLink and 95% of the time it resumes properly from pausing it.  However, if the audio is paused for an extended period of time (usually 10 seconds or more) by pausing it manually, by turning the audio power off on my car stereo, or when interrupted in the call, I will hear the music for a split second on resume and then a beep and it pauses.

On my HTC One this wasn't an issue on stock Sense with Android 4.1.2 or Android 4.2.2 or even CM10.1, but once I used Android 4.3, I first noticed this issue.

I figured I should add I'm currently running the stock Android 4.4.2 GPE for my HTC One.  I have generated a logcat as well of this issue.

Archived