Fast Forward and Rewind not working

Unfortunately, this is completely under Android (OS, ROM, firmware, drivers) control. App (Poweramp) just receives fast play/pause/forward/rewind/etc commands, which are sent by Android for appropriate button presses, app doesn't even know if it bluetooth or, saying, lock screen controls commands.

PS There is additional support for song progress info over BT in 4.4. Next Poweramp update supports this may be it will help in your case (so, this is a bit unrelated to standard system wide commands as fast rewind).

Thanks!

This is a change in Android 4.4 which breaks previous API (by not implementing it as previously). Of course stock music player was updated by google. We added support for the 4.4 way of rewinding in the next build-541.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...

This is a change in Android 4.4 which breaks previous API (by not implementing it as previously). Of course stock music player was updated by google. We added support for the 4.4 way of rewinding in the next build-541.

Thanks!

I've just recently upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to KitKat and Poweramp doesn't react to long press on >> or << on my HS3000 headphones. Other players react correctly. On android 4.3 Poweramp was reacting without issues too. When will this be fixed?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

I too would like to report the long press fast forward and rewind functions no longer work, same as user popopo. 

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9506)

Android: KitKat 4.4.2

Poweramp: 2.0.9-build-561-play

BueTooth: Samsung HS3000

I too would like to report the long press fast forward and rewind functions no longer work, same as user popopo. 

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9506)

Android: KitKat 4.4.2

Poweramp: 2.0.9-build-561-play

BueTooth: Samsung HS3000

It does work :) Took me a while to uncover but if you want to have working >> and << you need to check Android Lockscreen in Poweramp settings. When you uncheck it you will get some info about android 4.3+ track info handling which might somewhat explain why this happens (and of course then you will lose << >> again).

• 8 months later...

Archived