Pop-up Heard When Finished, Paused or Stopped

Hi Everyone

I don't know if this is Poweramp bug or device inheritance, anyway, when we connect the device to an audio amplifier via 3.5mm output, an unpleasant pop noise is heard after some delay whenever we stop or pause, and immediately when the list is finished. This noise can be harmful to speaker system if the amplifier volume is set high. Please use some muting techniques on the part of Poweramp to avoid this annoyance. This bug has persisted even with the latest version of Poweramp, 2.0.9-build-534.

Thanks for any help.

Device Info:

Samsung GT-S6802

Android Ver. 2.3.6, Build GINGERBREAD.JPLK4

Kernel Ver. 2.6.35.7

Yes that's true, even with the built-in media player. It's like amplifier sleeps when even slightly idle. But I think some trick may be devised so that Poweramp may well keep pricking the amp, not letting it go asleep.

Update: I've found a solution which was under the hood! Go to Settings►Misc►Tweaks and enable Keep Service. This way Poweramp won't go sleep whenever idle. [Edited: 28-Nov-2013]

• 5 months later...

Hmm, I've started getting this issue on my new S5 - never had the problem on my old S2 - and the suggestion above hasn't resolved it.  Will dig into it more to see if it only happens in Poweramp etc.

• 1 year later...

Hmm, I've started getting this issue on my new S5 - never had the problem on my old S2 - and the suggestion above hasn't resolved it.  Will dig into it more to see if it only happens in Poweramp etc.

Me too. Have we any solutions yet?

• 1 month later...

I assume this is what I mentioned a while back, the device's audio amp final stage shutting down when there is no more audio to be played back. If so, it's device-related and nothing to do with Poweramp. Does it happen if Poweramp is not playing and (for example) after a notification or ringtone plays?

Andre

Archived