EXIT option in settings

sekhar13515

Dear admin,

What's the problem in providing EXIT option for Poweramp Player ?

I previously contacted Poweramp staff on mail, they said that it will not consume any sources after coming out from Poweramp.

But it is consuming sources.

So, please provide EXIT option in settings, it's not a big task for you, I think..

What resources is it actively consuming while not playing?

If you're that worried, just long-press on the Home button and remove the app from the current list, where you will also find a whole load of other apps sitting quietly dormant and not consuming any required resources either. Better still, just let Android deal with dormant process handling if/when it needs to.

Andre

What resources is it actively consuming while not playing?

If you're that worried, just long-press on the Home button and remove the app from the current list, where you will also find a whole load of other apps sitting quietly dormant and not consuming any required resources either. Better still, just let Android deal with dormant process handling if/when it needs to.

Andre

Long press on home button, showing the recent apps, 

when deleting those, that goes out of history just, not removing the app.

Upon coming out of the Poweramp, (in Apps in running option), Poweramp is consuming RAM.. i.e. called consuming resources.

What's the problem with providing option of EXIT 

It is no more consuming RAM than the Recycle Bin is consuming disk space. And Android will remove it if it needs the space back. That's my understanding of how Android works anyway.

Andre

Maybe your understanding is right in view of you, sir

But after coming out of Poweramp, 

I went into Running Apps in settings, it is showing Poweramp and it is consuming 10 MB....I have to select it and force stop the app every time to exit completely.

So, please provide EXIT option.

How odd, for me it unloads instantly from Running Apps, immediately that I stop playing.

It is still visible as a Cached Background Process of course (about 22MB) but that doesn't matter in the slightest as that's automatically managed by Android if it needs the memory for something else.

Just a thought, but have you maybe got "Keep Service" selected in Poweramp Settings > Misc > Tweaks ? If so, untick it.

Andre

How odd, for me it unloads instantly from Running Apps, immediately that I stop playing.

It is still visible as a Cached Background Process of course (about 22MB) but that doesn't matter in the slightest as that's automatically managed by Android if it needs the memory for something else.

Just a thought, but have you maybe got "Keep Service" selected in Poweramp Settings > Misc > Tweaks ? If so, untick it.

Andre

As per your instructions, I checked that options, (it is already in untick state)

I once again now checked the Poweramp opened and played some song, and stopped and come out of the Poweramp.

Then went to Applications>running apps (there it is consuming 29 MB), it's not a small thing consuming like that in 512 MB RAM phones.

You can close Poweramp the same way you close stock player (pause and back button or home).

Poweramp service doesn't do any job if it's paused. No scan or anything. Scan takes few seconds when new card is mounted.
Poweramp service asks android to stop itself in 5 seconds of idle.
Poweramp has a stop button (long press the pause/play does that), though that has nothing to do with the process or background running and it's not necessary to press this if you just want to exit Poweramp.

Thanks.

You can close Poweramp the same way you close stock player (pause and back button or home).

Poweramp service doesn't do any job if it's paused. No scan or anything. Scan takes few seconds when new card is mounted.

Poweramp service asks android to stop itself in 5 seconds of idle.

Poweramp has a stop button (long press the pause/play does that), though that has nothing to do with the process or background running and it's not necessary to press this if you just want to exit Poweramp.

Thanks.

Already I am doing that regularly as you said now. (pause and back button or home)., but existing in Running Apps, and I have to go to Runnins Apps , option and stop the process.

ok, leave it.

Archived