Wrong Grouping for Album and Artist in Song Library

Hello, I am actually finding albums were merged wrongly in the library view.

I have 2 albums with the same name “Greatest Hits”, 1 from ATB and another from Black Eyed Peas.

When you go into the library, choosing group by Album and sorted out artist. They were wrongly merged into 1 “Greatest Hits” folder under artist “Black Eyed Peas”. It takes me a certain of time to figure out what's wrong. Please help fix the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, actually I have the same problem. There are two albums VIVALDI in different folders. The first is named "Vivaldi - Die vier Jahreszeiten" with 14 titles, the second is named "Vivaldi - Die vier Jahreszeiten (Anne-Sophie Mutter)". with 16 titles. In the folder list they are shown correctly but in the library view both albums are merged into one album "Vivaldi - Die vier Jahreszeiten (Anne-Sophie Mutter)" with 26 titles, whereas the first album does not appear.

I would appreciate very much to get this problem solved.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Huawei P9 6.0 stock ROM alpha build 703:

The "Join Albums" option (under settings - >Folder and Libraries - >Lists) does not join the albums of the same name with different album artists. Behaviour is the same irrespective of whether this option is set.

8 hours ago, Olympusandy said:

The "Join Albums" option (under settings - >Folder and Libraries - >Lists) does not join the albums of the same name with different album artists. Behaviour is the same irrespective of whether this option is set.

If the album artist tag does not match, songs that have the same album title won't show as the same album (e.g. an album title of "Greatest Hits" should not show as the same overall album if one song was listed as being by ABBA and one by Genesis). Or are you asking something else?

Andre

Archived