Album art improvement, cuesheet improvement

denmaas

It would be nice if the app could show a picture that has the same filename as the audiofile being played (if present) other than the album cover. Think of audiobooks that can show a different picture for each chapter, or a multi-DJ event so it could show a picture for each DJ-set.

I am not going to pollute my AUDIOFILES by embedding pictures into them. I want smarter software instead.

I love the cuesheet support, but when opening a cuesheet from from the file-list, Poweramp repeatedly displays filename and albumname for every track but it FAILS to mention the trackname.

Other than that, this is a great app! I LOVE that the makers provided an API so other apps such as ProjectM Music Visualizer can co-operate! Brilliant!

PS.

This is an edited copy of my Google Play review, it's been there for a while but it never had a follow up.

Thanks for the request/report.

First, Poweramp fully supports track names from CUE files. In your case may be this is encoding issue or parsing issue - to say more - please send just that .CUE to poweramp.maxmpz at gmail.com for tests.

As for image file name matching the file itself - we previously had this feature, but disabled it as it looked like almost noone uses this feature. We'll add it, but it will be optional and disabled by default (to avoid surprising album art changes for other users).

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Poweramp has been updated recently, but I cant find any option to enable the album_art / track matching by filename under settings > album art. I guess its not supported yet?

Yes, Poweramp supports tracktitles from cuesheets, it shows them in the Now Playing screen.

But going back to the tracklist, it doesnt show the tracknames at all!

It just repeats album name and filename, which is essentially the same for all of the tracks in one cuesheet.

I sent a screenshot by email illustrating my point last week :)

Thanx Max, love Poweramp!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived