too many files failed error

"Too many files failed" message is shown when more than 5-10 files in a row can't be played. This can happen because:
- no such files actually exist on sd card (files or folder were moved somewhere else, deleted outside of Poweramp, etc.). Full Rescan from Settings will fix that
- sd card is unmounted (e.g. phone is connected as usb storage)
- given files are not in Poweramp supported format
- files can't be read (sd card is broken, files were not downloaded completely, etc.)

- trial period ended

Thanks!

Have you tried Settings => Folders and Library => Full Rescan? 

What is the path to files (Info/Tags on any such file from Poweramp library will show the path Poweramp has for the file in its database)?

Thanks!

I make a full Rescan and nothing.

When I do a info/Tags I see for instance: /storage/emulated/0/Musica/2004 - 28.000 puñaladas/01 - La rueca.mp3.

If I go to these path I check that the file exits. Also with other audio player I can play the audio

Any help please?

Can you please rename this file to something like track1.mp3, then try to play it in Poweramp? Looks like some filename encoding issue. Thanks!

I create a new folder and I put a song. The  file is  named track01.mp3. I make a re-analysis and then I reopen the Poweramp. When I play it says me "List finished"

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having this issue.  I am running Poweramp on an LG Optimus G on Beanstalk ROM (Android 4.3 - CM10.2/AOKP/PA amalgamation).  Paid version of Poweramp, updated to latest in Play store.  Media is in MP3 format, stored on external SD card.  Media is playable without issue by at least the following other players: Apollo, Winamp, jetAudio.  All of the media in use was working fine when on Android versions prior to 4.3.  I have attempted the following to resolve the issue:

-uninstall/reinstall WinAmp

-clear app data for WinAmp

-rescan media within WinAmp / full rescan from within WinAmp

-rescan media from TricksterMod kernel controller (full device media rescan)

-Manually select individual and parent folders of media within WinAmp

-Reformat SD Card (32GB Sandisk) FAT32, replace media files on card

Within WinAmp, album art shows up, and song titles show up.  Often (but not always) end time of track shows as "-:--" rather than the actual track length.  

Please advise if there is any additional info that would be useful to you for troubleshooting this issue.  

Thanks.

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue.

CM 10.2

Nexus 4

All my files are in supported formats an have worked with CM10.1 or are working with other players (e.g. Play Music).

Please solve this issue because all other players are bullshit.

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Hey,

I have the same issue. I think it used to work even on CM10.2, until a few days ago. Maybe the latest update broke something?

Version: 2.0.9-build-534 full version verified
Unlocker: 2-build-26
Phone Model: Nexus 4
Product: occam
Manufacturer: LGE
Board: MAKO
Device: mako
Display: cm_mako-userdebug 4.3 JSS15Q eng.jenkins.20130913.034518 test-keys
Android: 4.3
Android Build ID: JSS15Q

I have this in the log:

E/ffmpegdecoder.c(21736): Can't open file /storage/emulated/0/Music/foo/bar.flac err=-22 Invalid data found when processing input

D/dalvikvm(21736): GC_FOR_ALLOC freed 2308K, 38% free 9561K/15380K, paused 20ms, total 21ms

I/libffmpeg(21736): Incorrect BOM value in tag COMM.

E/PowerHAL(  512): touch_boost: failed to send: No such file or directory

D/audio_hw_primary(  183): out_set_parameters: enter: usecase(1: low-latency-playback) kvpairs: routing=2

D/audio_hw_primary(  183): out_set_parameters: exit: code(1)

D/i       (23792): scheduled task [GmmLocationControllerStatus Update]

D/dalvikvm( 8939): GC_CONCURRENT freed 3669K, 31% free 13043K/18820K, paused 14ms+5ms, total 104ms

D/audio_hw_primary(  183): out_standby: enter: usecase(1: low-latency-playback)

D/audio_hw_primary(  183): stop_output_stream: enter: usecase(1: low-latency-playback)

D/audio_hw_primary(  183): disable_audio_route: reset mixer path: low-latency-playback

D/audio_hw_primary(  183): disable_snd_device: snd_device(2: speaker)

D/audio_hw_primary(  183): stop_output_stream: exit: status(0)

D/audio_hw_primary(  183): out_standby: exit

D/i       (23792): scheduled task [GmmLocationControllerStatus Update]

Finally i've found at least some info about my issue. First: for me 2 apps suddenly don't work anymore.

The game "The Bards Tale" worked before and now crashes right before the title screen. Of course i've tried all the usual things, like

factory reset, reinstalling or installing to internal storage.

To Power Amp:

I've purchased it on my previous device (S2) and now i'm using it on my Note 2 since about a year. I've never had any problems with it until suddenly this issue appeared.

I can't play any track anymore. The album covers and names are all there, but the play button doesn't react.

When i close and re-open Power Amp the message "Too many files failed..." pops up.

What i've tried:

-A factory reset.

-I've copied the music to the internal storage and removed the external sd from the search folders.

-I've reinstalled Power Amp and the Unlocker.

Nothing worked.

The strange thing is: Gone Mad music player works normally.

Also the stock music player and the music player widgets from TSF Shell launcher and Next launcher are all working.

Also my about 50 other games are working.

It's only The Bards Tale and Power Amp that doesn't work anymore.

My specs:

Device: Galaxy Note 2

Firmware: Stock 4.1.2 rooted

Kernel: Perseus Kernel (both apps worked before with that kernel. No kernel update was done)

To all:

Which device do you use?

Which firmware version?

If you run Android 4.1.2: have you done a small firmware update some months ago?

• 1 month later...

Still has this error on CM10.2 M1

These are in the log:

E/ffmpegdecoder.c(21736): Can't open file /storage/emulated/0/Music/xx.flac err=-22 Invalid data found when processing input

D/dalvikvm(21736): GC_FOR_ALLOC freed 2308K, 38% free 9561K/15380K, paused 20ms, total 21ms

I/libffmpeg(21736): Incorrect BOM value in tag COMM.

E/PowerHAL(  512): touch_boost: failed to send: No such file or directory

• 2 weeks later...

Piolec, the last minor update was released on 15 Aug (nearly four months ago) so nothing has changed in Poweramp since your last message here.

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:23 PM

- 534: Android Lock Screen option for 4.3

- 534: updated translations, added Romanian

Andre

Archived