Create and Manage Playlists on PC?

DetroitDavid

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I created a playlist in windows media player and copied it to playlist folder in internal storage on android. I created the list with 102 songs when it imported there were only 7 songs. I notice when trying to add songs to existing playlist it says songs added 0 as if the song already existed in the playlist ( I think it did) but the song does not show up. Where are all my missing songs? I synced the phone and the pc playlist and it said it synced all the songs in the playlist but they still do not show up.

• 1 month later...

Really? (this to Poweramp, not to any specific poster)

I purchased Poweramp quite some time ago. I'm computer literate, have written software in industry (not user stuff, not android stuff) and can find my way around a directory. That being said, I'm no bit-head that loves to fix and fiddle with software; especially music software. I want to chill, hear some of my favorite tunes. When they aren't there, it works opposite; now instead of defusing, I'm REALLY going off!

Today I cut some time out to sort out this whole playlist thing. It should be a no-brainer... I'm a paid user, not a developer. I just want to hear my playlist. After an hour or more reading, searching, trying to cut to the chase, I realize that the developers at Poweramp don't care about the use experience with playlists. Many, many words, but never "oh, right, that sucks. We decided to fix it, it'll be dead simple in version/patch/fix X".

Having lost dozens of playlists over the last few years, usually because I pulled my SD card and added an album or two... (most recently, this morning, I did a full rescan and add back all lost playlists.The result? My one playlist that I had is now zero'd out.) After all of that, I'm cutting my losses. There are OTHER OPTIONS besides Poweramp. Poweramp does some things great, but I just want the stupid thing to PLAY MY MUSIC, and at that simple task Poweramp fails me over and over again. 

First and last post. Ill stop by the Play Store to adjust my review/ratings, then will not bother y'all further. Moto; Out.

@Harry Moto the fact that your playlist end up empty when you remove your sdcard whilst the device is switched on has nothing to do with Poweramp.It is simply that when you remove the sdcard, it is like deleting all those tracks so both andrid and Poweramp start to update their media databases. You can switch off the automatic scanning in Poweramp. Better still export your playlists either with Poweramp or other apps such as New Playlist Manager. They end up as .m3u8 format which as text based files but are recognised by most if not all music player. You will never lose your playlists again!

Archived