Using .m3u8 with relative path: 0 songs :(

ikjadoon

Hi! I'm having a little trouble with Poweramp displaying my .m3u8 playlist.

Here's how my playlist is organized. As you can see, the BFV.m3u8 playlist is in the same folder as the MP3s--thus, it is using relative paths (highlighted in green). One of the songs is highlighted in yellow.BCev8an.png

However, when I jump on my Galaxy S III running 4.2.2 (AOKP, Milestone 2), the playlist is empty:

Screenshot_2013-07-24-14-48-44_zps3905d9

I have rescanned the library. Then the playlist says "not loaded yet". If I open it, though, it loads with 0 songs. :( What am I doing wrong?

Are all the songs in your playlist loaded into the Library OK? (they won't show in a playlist unless they are already in the folders/libary list)

Andre

Yup. They all play fine. :( Thank you for the reply, :)

I just tried a re-install: same issue.

I've used relative playlists, yes. You need to make sure the playlist file is stored in the right place of course, so the relative paths work.

For example I've got a "Harry Potter" folder, with sub-folders for each of the 8 films. And at the same level as those 8 folders (i.e. just inside the main "Harry Potter" folder) I have a playlist for just my favourite tracks, in the format:

Harry Potter 1 - The Philosopher's Stone\HP1-01 - Prologue.mp3Harry Potter 1 - The Philosopher's Stone\HP1-02 - Harry's Wondrous World.mp3Harry Potter 1 - The Philosopher's Stone\HP1-19 - Hedwig's Theme.mp3Harry Potter 3 - The Prisoner of Azkaban\HP3-01 - Lumos! (Hedwig's Theme).mp3Harry Potter 3 - The Prisoner of Azkaban\HP3-21 - Mischief Managed!.mp3Harry Potter 5 - The Order of the Phoenix\HP5-01 - Fireworks.mp3Harry Potter 5 - The Order of the Phoenix\HP5-02 - Professor Umbridge.mp3

Andre

I've used relative playlists, yes. You need to make sure the playlist file is stored in the right place of course, so the relative paths work.

For example I've got a "Harry Potter" folder, with sub-folders for each of the 8 films. And at the same level as those 8 folders (i.e. just inside the main "Harry Potter" folder) I have a playlist for just my favourite tracks, in the format:

Harry Potter 1 - The Philosopher's Stone\HP1-01 - Prologue.mp3Harry Potter 1 - The Philosopher's Stone\HP1-02 - Harry's Wondrous World.mp3Harry Potter 1 - The Philosopher's Stone\HP1-19 - Hedwig's Theme.mp3Harry Potter 3 - The Prisoner of Azkaban\HP3-01 - Lumos! (Hedwig's Theme).mp3Harry Potter 3 - The Prisoner of Azkaban\HP3-21 - Mischief Managed!.mp3Harry Potter 5 - The Order of the Phoenix\HP5-01 - Fireworks.mp3Harry Potter 5 - The Order of the Phoenix\HP5-02 - Professor Umbridge.mp3

Andre

Aha! :D Thank you for the example. I changed my paths from

/All The Small Things.mp3

to

MP3s\All The Small Things.mp3

and then moved my playlists to the folder above and it worked! :D Thank you, Andre! It seems like Poweramp requires at least one folder in between the playlists and the referenced MP3s. Thank you, mate! :)

It seems like PowerAmp requires at least one folder in between the playlists and the referenced MP3s. Thank you, mate! :)

It shouldn't do, you should be able to just use just the filename (with no path modifiers at all) if the MP3 file is in the same directory as the M3U file. e.g:

All The Small Things.mp3

Andre

Aha! :D Thank you for the example. I changed my paths from

/All The Small Things.mp3

Just to clear things up a bit why that doesn't work:

This is actually an absolute path (at least on unix-like operating systems)

If you want files parallel to the playlist use no leading path separator or./filename.mp3

Archived