Crossfade options

Klaatu

I've seen a few threads about a more configurable crossfader, but none of them seem to have been answered or acknowledged by a Mod or anyone representing Poweramp.

I'd like a crossfader with more options ala Winamp. Being able to set both the fade-in and fade-out time and thereby being able, if so desired, to disable fade-in entirely and also to shorten the fade-out time etc.

Would a Mod or someone like to comment on this?

Cheers.

Well I'm not in the know on the development front I'm afraid (I just volunteer to help clear out the spam!), but more customisable crossfading seems like a good idea to me too.

Also, I'd like to see an option for a 'trigger threshold' for crossfades - so the next track would commence playing once the previous track's level dips below a certain value during a natural fadeout. That would prevent the nasty crossfade effect that happens when you force a 5-second fade onto a track which has a sudden finish. It would even be possible to have a similar setting to adjust the timing of the in-point of the new track, to take account of cross-fading in to slow-starting music.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking for that too.

I like to set the following parameters:

• Fade-Out: Time to fadeout the previous song, starts before song end. Nice to have would be an additional option to suppress fade-out if the song already ends with a fade out
  • Start-Level OR Start-Time: The volume level resp. the time before the previous song ends, at which the next song will start.
  • Fade-In: Time to fade in the next song.

I think if you omit the suppress-fade-out and implement the start-time, there is no need for analysing the ending song.

If you implement suppress-fade-out or start-level it is necessary to analyse the end of the ending song.

• 1 month later...

Crossfade should have the previous song fading out as the next song starts at full volume.    Optionally, in addition you need a setting for the duration of overlap of two audio files and the rate of fade in (0 to 5 seconds) and rate of fade-out (0-5 seconds)    As a former radio programmer something like a 3 fade out with a 3 second overlap and a 0 second fade-in would cover most situations but maximum flexibility would be nice.

I'd like a crossfader with more options ala Winamp.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Almost 2 years since I first posted on this subject, so I thought I'd check in.

Unbelievably, nothing's happened.

I wouldn't mind a comment from someone in charge or on the developement team as to if this is just never, ever going to happen?

I'm not a programmer, but is this really that difficult to implement?

I'm pretty positive that I'm not alone in thinking that this would be a nice addition to the settings.

Cheers.

There have been no major feature updates implemented over the past couple of years as, apart from bug fixes and related tweaks, pretty-much all development work has been going into a completely new audio engine and underlying structure for v3 of the app. After that has been released, UI and feature changes will be looked at.

Andre

• 1 month later...

Archived