How can I eliminate the gaps around the album art?

IzGvaKI.jpg

Hi guys,

I like Poweramp a lot, but I'm wondering if I can make the album art fill up the screen, so that the gap around the album art gets eliminated.

If the gap is gone, it would look like this screenshot from PlayerPro.

PlayerPro.jpg

Is there any way, such as options or skins, to enlarge the album art on the player?

I'll appreciate your help.

Regards,

softcotton24

There is a zoom function for album art (Settings>Album Art>Album Art Zoom) but it applies to all albums, which may not be what you want. AFAIK there is no way to automatically stretch to fill the available space (or crop to fill either).

Andre

Wouldn't stretching the art make it look really elongated and mis-proportioned (just as cropping it would lose parts of the top and bottom of the image)? I suspect that rather like widescreen movies, a 'best fit' approach is probably the most sensible.

Andre

Well, PlayerPro for Android disregards the ratio of the original album art and stretch it to the screen, so sometimes it shows album arts mis-proportioned.

But Apple's ipod music interface stretches the image as much as possible while still maintaining the original ratio, so I think Apple's method is more ideal.

Archived