Poweramp
jdevgrell

Browse by Genre...then by Artist....then by Album.

Hi there. There are a few scattered posts here and there regarding adding an update to the app that would allow one to browse by genre, then by artist (without having to see all the albums), then by album. This is an aspect of music browsing that hardly any Andriod app offers, but has been a standard on iOS since the beginning and it's one of the things I really miss. I love everything else about Poweramp, but what would make it perfect for me is to offer this, since I basically always browse my music by genre. it's pretty annoying to have to scroll through the list of all the albums each time (and the current alphabetic scrolling in Poweramp doesn't work, even when the list is sorted by artist, because it's still paying attention to the album names, not the artist names). In other posts, the developers have said that this was a feature planned for version 2.0, but it hasn't made it in yet. Any updates on whether this is still in the works?

Thanks!!

This is the only reason I purchased a different player from the store. Gonemad does genre browsing very well. PlayerPro also supports this feature, but only if you have your view options set to grid and not list. Only other I found that supports this type of browsing is the sensor player.

Yes please! It's the only reason I haven't purchased Poweramp, I have a large library that is meticulously organized by genre. Going from Genre -> Albums makes no sense.

Is there any way to do this in Poweramp v3? I´m searching through the options of the app for a while now and it´s driving me crazy.

I´d really like a way to set up a Library three levels deep that goes Genre/Artist/Album withouth using folders, because the size of my music collections makes anything else extremely unwieldy.

Please add this! Currently Poweramp genre browsing is too congested. 

This and adding multiple artist tag support will make this app untouchable! 

I absolutely support the idea.

I've recommended Poweramp to all my friends, but the lack of certain features made them consider other products. I'd definitely use this; and I'm sure the app would be more attractive.

Thanks for the request. Additional subcategories within certain categories are possible (provably, optionally enabled as needed).

Alternatively, it can show Artists for the category as horizontal scrollable list, so it won’t take too much space and can be enabled by default, but that works only for small number of Artists (as it will be hard to scroll a lot of Artists horizontally).