Google Music Streaming

thecolonel20

I know, its just been a long time. Thought maybe you could get some info off an app that has already implemented it.

On a side note - I've seen some people saying they use Poweramp to play pinned music from Google music. Any body know how to get the artist / album info to show up? Mine all just show up as unknown.

Thanks

Current state: we're developing plugin for Poweramp to support GM. Unfortunately, if you have GM installed, this means duplications of fetched (pinned) songs, as both GM and Poweramp will fetch them, still, it's possible to unpin everything in GM and pin in Poweramp.

Previously we had solution to just reuse GM cache in Poweramp, unfortunately, just before release of the solution, Google closed this possibility for ICS+ devices.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply. IMO, the third party streaming services are more important than playing downloaded or cached files.

Seems like this feature has been in development for a long time. I've been using Google music b/c its there on my tab/PC/phone and I outgrew my phones storage a while ago. I really miss Poweramp and hope there is something to play with soon on this feature!

Thanks again.

Archived