Customizing the 'Repeat' and 'Shuffle' modes

haddy

Hi,

I would like a way of customizing the 'Repeat' and 'Shuffle' modes.

I just want to use the three standard 'Repeat' options.of Off, Repeat single, Repeat all (list)

I really do not need "advance list" in the 'Repeat' and I find it annoying having to see it when I toggle through the various repeat modes when playing a track in Poweramp. But this is just the way I feel and it should not infringe upon other users who may use the "advance list".

So it would be nice if we could customize what we want to show for Repeat and Shuffle but always have the same method (option) of reseting these back to their defaults. Same should exist for 'Shuffle' too.

A good place to add this requested feature would be within the transparent Menu that shows when we long-press on 'Repeat' button or long-press on 'Shuffle' button :)

A while back (I think quite a while back :) ) Max agreed to make the whole Repeat menu more logical and self-explanatory - partly as no one really seemed to understand what "Advance List" meant for example, and also for users who were asking for a way to play just one song. The terminology went something like this:

Play Song

Play Album (or artist/folder/etc)

Play All

Repeat Song

Repeat Album (or artist/folder/etc)

Repeat All

As that makes quite a long list, I wonder whether he might also agree to adding a simple tickbox option within Settings to select while of those choices (and maybe which Shuffle options too?) appear in the cycle sequence? Just a thought anyway. I like your idea of long-press on the icon to always bring up all the options though.

Andre

As that makes quite a long list, I wonder whether he might also agree to adding a simple tickbox option within Settings to select while of those choices (and maybe which Shuffle options too?) appear in the cycle sequence? Just a thought anyway. I like your idea of long-press on the icon to always bring up all the options though.

Andre

Yes but as I said an option to choose which Repeat/Shuffle to show could easily be added within the menu options given when we tap+hold on the Repeat/Shuffle buttons. Being able to swipe away the ones we don't need (like Android "recent apps" way) would be nice.

Archived