Embedded album art issue for an album with a separate image for each track.

viceroy

I've just purchased Poweramp and it's great so far, but I've run into a (cosmetic) problem with the cover art for one album in particular.

This one album has different embedded album art for each individual track, which Poweramp actually displayed, unlike PlayerPro. However, I was playing with the option to download different album art (long press on the art in the player UI) and selected a different cover; of course it applied that particular cover to every track in the album, but it appears that I don't have the option to revert back to the embedded artwork for each individual track. I can view the specific track's embedded art through the selector, but if I select it, it's again applied to every track in the album.

I've tried deselecting the options to prefer downloaded and in-folder images, and have cleared the album art cache, i've even tried to uninstall/reinstall the app, all to no avail.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

(I have put this reaction on google play too).

If you like (self-chosen) album art for each individual track, like me, (for compilation albums mostly) embed them with mp3Tag (or any other free program).

(I size my art to 300x300 pixels, which gives good results on my SGS2).

Make sure there are no hidden files (for example all kinds of loose album-art files) left in the music folder on your pc before you copy the folder to your phone otherwise Poweramp will make a mess of things. (errors like: unknown album, too many failed files etc.)

So erase all the hidden files, or copy just the bare mp3, wma etc to your phone !!!!!

(I found out through trial and error).

If you want self-chosen embedded art: uncheck everything in Poweramp settings concerning album art.

To view (and erase) hidden files in your music folder(s), just google 'view hidden files' to find out how to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for your reply. Yeah in this case this particular album already came with all of the separate images embedded to begin with. I can still confirm that the individual tracks have their own image, also I checked the album folder and confirmed there were no other images or hidden files contained within. There was an albumart.pamp file that I deleted, which didn't seem to make a difference.

The odd thing is that even following flashing CM9 to CM10 on my phone > all the other Poweramp settings were reset when I reinstalled Poweramp, however my previous album art selection still persisted even following flashing a new ROM. It sounds like that this particular album art selection is saved somewhere on my phone's internal SD card, but I can't for the life of me find where that is.

Archived