Poweramp without Album covers..idea pics inside...

pachi72

I am one of those people that don't use album covers for my library....I hate seeing the Poweramp logo all the time..

I would like a feature to remove the album covers on portrait and landscape.

I would like to see a bigger display for song,album, genre and artist...

I did some photoshopping on my idea...here it is....

Poweramp2.png

poweramp1.png

I see your point. I think you are in a very small minority regarding not wanting album artwork though. Can I ask why don't you like seeing album artwork? Is it just because your library doesn't have the artwork, or you just don't care for it (artwork)? If it's just because you don't have artwork, you could always use Poweramp to download the artwork for you (Settings > Album Art).

One possible solution, which I have the feeling you won't like, is to make an image you don't mind seeing all the time and put it in every folder. Then in the Album Art settings, enable the Prefer in folder art.

It would be excellent to have the option to disable artwork entirely though. I too would get sick of seeing the Poweramp logo. Not that it's bad, but if it's taking up all the "real estate" unnecessarily, then yeah, I can see it becoming annoying.

The more options the better, which is what Poweramp and Android in general is built on. IMO.

This can easily be done via the creating a Skin/Theme for Poweramp.

Perhaps a minimalist (no album art) skin such as this could be included as a choice to use within Poweramp itself...Amongst the other preloaded (non-default) choice of skins that come with Poweramp

I also would like to have the ability to disable the view album cover, but also a choice of tags to display (like year) during playback.

Further to that, we could have them as animated flying text (like the Galaxy S3 Live Wallpaper) in place of album art, see this video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a5od8gaFjU

.....This would be super cool within Poweramp as an optional minimalist but stylish theme. Would look amazing on bigger screens like tablets (think of Nexus 10).

Archived