pls update Poweramp!

benjich

i am using a custom rom for my galaxy nexus. the rom developer has included apollo music player for the installed apps. and I can truly say that apollo has truly surpassed our favorite music player Poweramp! the songs are loud and clear, bass boost is amazing and interface is easy. I would like to personally appeal to the developer to pls update Poweramp to surpass what apollo has accomplished so far because with no updates for the longest time, Poweramp will become obsolete and forever be gone and regarding the fact that Apollo is free and no purchase to be made.

i am doing this because i dont want my favorite music player to become obsolete.

As Poweramp doesnot support DSP Manager in CM 9/10, its sound must not as good as Apollo.

so if this the case? are we the app buyer will just be contented with this? i think there is a way the developers can further improve further what they have right now... its a been a long while that we have not get any updates!

im just worried about this app that i bought...

I honestly think that Poweramp equalizer is better than the dsp one...

i haven't used dsp since CM7 but what i can say is that Poweramp equalizer performed much better...

Honestly you should give Poweramp EQ a try

With the situation if you are using a phone with CyanogenMod 9/10 customized rom and doesnot have Wolfson DAC Chip (which can be enhanced by Voodoo instead of DSP), apollo provides a better original sound quality than Poweramp.

However after tuning the EQ in Poweramp, apollo can't go elsewhere anymore since dsp eq setting is very weak.

here is the personal reply i got from max (our developer):

thanks for the request/feedback.

Note that apollo just uses stock android equalizer/effects (available from v2.3) - these are the same as in any other player, except Poweramp. We're constantly improving Poweramp,

there are new versions under development, nevertheless, Poweramp v2.0 equalizer/DSP is superior to stock Android in terms of possible equalization (more dB, bands, etc) and battery/cpu usage

(stock android effects are plain C/C++, Poweramp's - simd neon optimized assembler).

Archived