Excluding Songs from Shuffle

I Google'd this feature before and it seems it has been discussed here, so I'm basically posting to show there is interest in this feature and any news on it.

Basically songs/albums/folders would have an option to exclude when in shuffle mode.

When I myself have shuffle on, I'm looking for my more popular or upbeat songs.

By no means do I want to just carry those songs though. When I want to listen to that album I want all the songs.

Also goes the same for albums I just don't want to hear during shuffle...those albums I have to be in a dedicated mood for.

iTunes had this feature for the iPod. Granted I know Poweramp isn't computer application based.

I've fixed this issue by just manually selecting a ton of songs for a playlist.

But it would be so much easier (and super awesome) to have the above requested feature.

Thanks!

This issue has been raised many times, mainly in the context of longer audio tracks, where you don't want a two-hour concert, or a 60 minute radio show or podcast, or an audiobook chapter, to suddenly pop up during random music playback.

I think (well, I hope, as getting firm answers on this particular subject seems to be remarkably tricky) that eliminating certain audio files or folders from the shuffle system is something that will be implemented in a future release.

Andre

Archived