System Media Scan taking too long?

pDASH

I'll throw an album or two onto my SD card (approx. 15-30 songs) and i will get the "System Media Scan" pop up on the bottom of the screen, and the wheel will spin for a very long time. How long is it supposed to take for the new music to show up? Can I have this scan running in the background or does the program need to be open and running? The songs always eventually show up, I just wanted to know how long it's supposed to take (the same albums will show up much quicker on the stock music player)

Fantastic app, can't wait for future updates!

System media scan can take literally hours to scan many new files on some phones (taking nearly 100% cpu btw - that can also discharge your battery in no time, so you may want to keep phone connected to charger/usb until system scan ends).

It's Android system component, PowerAMP just shows a progress notification so user can be aware of that.

PowerAMP scanner scans much faster - you can see that when you enter folder for first time.

PowerAMP v2.0 will have own Library and own library media scanner, but still, its future scan speed will be affected by that slow system media scanner, as system scanner takes a lot of cpu and sd card bandwidth while it scans.

Archived