Custom Smart Playlists

mlsmith

Sorry if this has already been brought up before (I did search). I looked at the upcoming features too but didn't see anything specific to this.

One of the smart playlists that I would like is to have is all tracks with 0 plays. This may not necessarily be recently added tracks that already have plays (externally or otherwise). Instead of creating a smart playlist to suit everybody's needs, could you create custom smart playlist functionality instead? For example, I could create a new smart playlist and specify that play count = 0.

Thanks for the quick response, Wen!

Another thing if I may, could you also add the ability to view play counts for each track as well as method for marking them as played? The reason I ask is because I would use this functionality with the custom playlist that I previously mentioned. Any new music that I add to my phone would show up in that playlist. BUT, if I add older music to my phone that I don't necessarily want to listen to at the moment, I can mark them as played and they would drop out of the playlist. If adding this functionality is not possible right away, it would be nice if we could store an SQLite database on the SD card and then change the play count manually using a DB editor. Just a thought... :)

Thanks for the quick response, Wen!

Another thing if I may, could you also add the ability to view play counts for each track as well as method for marking them as played? The reason I ask is because I would use this functionality with the custom playlist that I previously mentioned. Any new music that I add to my phone would show up in that playlist. BUT, if I add older music to my phone that I don't necessarily want to listen to at the moment, I can mark them as played and they would drop out of the playlist. If adding this functionality is not possible right away, it would be nice if we could store an SQLite database on the SD card and then change the play count manually using a DB editor. Just a thought... :)

Just a note, you can also just shuffle the "most played" songs in the "Most Played" playlist over in the library section. That section shows the play count along with a few of the other things you've mentioned. Just a note!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has already been brought up before (I did search). I looked at the upcoming features too but didn't see anything specific to this.

One of the smart playlists that I would like is to have is all tracks with 0 plays. This may not necessarily be recently added tracks that already have plays (externally or otherwise). Instead of creating a smart playlist to suit everybody's needs, could you create custom smart playlist functionality instead? For example, I could create a new smart playlist and specify that play count = 0.

I believe Poweramp can do it as good as iTunes

ID3 Tag Criteria that would be useful:

Artist

Album Artist

Title

Genre

Year

Duration

Rating

Play Count

Path

File Type

Bitrate

Last Played

Comment

Conditions that would be useful:

equals

does not equal

contains

does not contain

greater than

less than

in the range

Matches that would be useful:

matches All

matches Any

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really hope this feature is added too. The biggest thing I look for in a custom smart list editor is the ability to reference other playlists. In fact that, track rating, and play count are the only criteria I ever need in smart playlist creation... Please consider referencing existing playlists in a smart list editor. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Any updates on this?

I'm using a system similar to this (although I'm using the more standard semicolon as delimiter, which Poweramp supports) with multiple genres, written in the ID3v2 genre tag, where each genre is separated by a semicolon like this: Main Genre;Sub Genre;Sub Genre;etc. 

Example (the below string is written in the ID3v2 genre tag):

Hip Hop;90s;Trap;Dirty;Deep

I'd like a feature similar to iTunes' smart playlist, where I can create filter criteria: Genre CONTAINS ("Hip Hop" OR "R&B") AND ("90s" AND "Deep") 

Archived