Disable Volume Keys on Lock Screen Option

I would love to have the option to disable the volume keys on the side of the phone while music is playing on the lock screen. I often walk with listening to music, with my phone in my pocket, and I tend to bump the hardware volume buttons when trying to put my phone into or pulling it out of my pocket.

• 5 years later...

I'm sorry for replying to a post from 2012 but I have the same problem and didn't find any solution yet.
Please implement the option to disable the volume buttons while the phone is locked to prevent unwanted volume changes while the phone is in the pocket. It's unbearable walking home while listening to music when suddenly something presses against the volume up button and nearly lets your ears along with your headphones explode.

In addition, for other use cases, it would be cool to have an option to switch tracks with the volume buttons like some custom roms offer.

Since I'm already posting: Let me congratulate you on your great music player and thank you for all the years of development.

Archived