Playing FLAC Files on Sony Ericsson Xperia Phone via Media Go.

RichD

Hello, Everyone,

I have downloaded a trial version of Power Amp Music Player, and it worked fine.

However, I have not yet worked out how to play FLAC files on my Sony Ericsson Xperia ST18i.

I have created FLAC files by ripping tracks from a CD using Exact Audio Copy. I then transferred these files to Media Go. However, when I transfer from Media Go to my phones memory card, I have only been able to play them as mp3 files or AAC files.

Can anyone advise whether it is possible to play FLAC files on this type of Sony Ericsson phone? Or on any other Sony Xperia phone? I understand that the Samsung Galaxy phone can play these files.

Please advise.

Many thanks in advance.

Rich.

Poweramp has natural flac support, so it should be able to play these files... Typically flac files don't play as well, or function as fully with Poweramp as an MP3 files would but that doesn't mean you can't listen to the songs.... Sorry if that doesn't really answer your question but my point is. As long as the right folders are selected, Poweramp should be able to play flac files.

One problem could be the format of Flac or the converting process makes it unreadable to Poweramp... But that's all I can think of.

Archived