Support "Sort Artist" and "Sort Album Artist" tags for sorting

mkosma

49 minutes ago, MotleyG said:

Even v2.3 tags have them

Technically, no, they were officially introduced for v2.4 - see https://id3.org/id3v2.4.0-changes. But if they have been inserted into a v2.3 file and are properly formatted, who's arguing? After all, even the v2.4 spec is more than twenty years old now! 

Andre

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/15/2020 at 4:46 AM, MotleyG said:

In Settings>Library>Lists there are options for the Albums section, disable the one for Album Artist Label for Tracks.

Thank you! I'm excitedly running around in small circles, clapping my hands like a fool and singing your price! I just wonder how long this setting has been around? I have for sure missed it! A big thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

I'd also love to see sort tag support included. My desktop and server players (MPD+Cantata and Logitech Media Server) make use of this and I've come to rely on it heavily. Poweramp is by far and a way the best mobile audio player that I've used and adding this feature would make it absolutely perfect.

• 2 months later...
On 4/6/2021 at 11:07 PM, InTheKitchen said:

I'd also love to see sort tag support included. My desktop and server players (MPD+Cantata and Logitech Media Server) make use of this and I've come to rely on it heavily. Poweramp is by far and a way the best mobile audio player that I've used and adding this feature would make it absolutely perfect.

I'd like to see it too. I've spent so much time tagging my collection properly, it's a shame the ARTISTSORT tag isn't used in Poweramp