Building Skins - Quick Start Guide

maxmp

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Thanks for your help and your quick answers :)

Just one little question, what software do you use to create png elements for your themes ?

I use Corel (formerly Jasc) Paint Shop Pro, but you can use any graphics editor you want. Many themers just use Gimp (I can't stand gimp though as it's not driven by standards and can be confusing if you have any experience with a professional graphics editing program).

Be very careful with .9.png's they MUST have a 1px border with markers in pitch black #000000 marking the stretchable areas (left and top border) and the content areas (right and bottom border). If your border has a color other than transparent or pure black you will get many errors while compiling. If this happens, fix the first graphic that's listed and recompile to get the next error ;-)

If your opening any png's from decompiled apk's, then you will run into an issue where they have been optimized for the platform, and most graphic editors make them look blotchy. If this is an issue for you, I have a tool on xda-developers that I designed to fix that problem... You can check out the thread here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2216403

Good Luck ;-)

Well, i have decompile with apktool and Poweramp as framework, I didn't notice that for icons, will watch later.
So i have to make a frame all around of my icons in black #000000 ? Just for .9 ?
I have tryied to remplace a .9 png with a non.9 and i got alooooot of issues, didn'tknow why, now i can fix that thx !
And I always wanted to change the backround of main lists like here : post-17346-0-27641500-1370473915_thumb.j
But i did'nt find the resources to do that (i didn't find here https://github.com/maxmpz/powerampapi/blob/master/poweramp_skin_sdk/reference_resources/values/default_styles.xml)

Do you know something about it ?

Hi again, i'm sorry for the late, this is the error i get:

-release-sign:
     [echo] Signing final apk...

BUILD FAILED
C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20130219\sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:1128: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20130219\sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:1140: Value for 'keystore' is not valid. It must resolve to a single path

Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

I get this error:

C:\Users\user\Desktop\iOS7_Skin>ant jarpushBuildfile: C:\Users\user\Desktop\iOS7_Skin\build.xml-check-env: [checkenv] Android SDK Tools Revision 22.0.5 [checkenv] Installed at C:\Android\sdk-setup:     [echo] Project Name: Poweramp-Classic-Skin  [gettype] Project Type: Application-pre-clean:clean:   [delete] Deleting directory C:\Users\user\Desktop\iOS7_Skin\bin   [delete] Deleting directory C:\Users\user\Desktop\iOS7_Skin\gen[getlibpath] Library dependencies:[getlibpath] No Libraries   [subant] No sub-builds to iterate on-set-jar:-build-setup:[getbuildtools] Using latest Build Tools: 18.0.1     [echo] Resolving Build Target for Poweramp-Classic-Skin...[gettarget] Project Target:   Android 4.3[gettarget] API level:        18     [echo] ----------     [echo] Creating output directories if needed...    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Users\user\Desktop\iOS7_Skin\bin    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Users\user\Desktop\iOS7_Skin\bin\res    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Users\user\Desktop\iOS7_Skin\gen    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Users\user\Desktop\iOS7_Skin\bin\classes    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Users\user\Desktop\iOS7_Skin\bin\dexedLibs     [echo] ----------     [echo] Resolving Dependencies for Poweramp-Classic-Skin...[dependency] Ordered libraries:     [echo] ----------     [echo] Building Libraries with '${build.target}'...   [subant] No sub-builds to iterate on-code-gen:     [echo] SKIN: Generating R.java / Manifest.java from the resources...     [exec] W/asset   ( 1332): Asset path skin_compat\bin\skin_compat-debug.apk is neither a directory nor file (type=1).     [exec] ERROR: Asset package include 'skin_compat\bin\skin_compat-debug.apk' not found.BUILD FAILEDC:\Users\user\Desktop\iOS7_Skin\build.xml:33: exec returned: 1Total time: 1 secondC:\Users\user\Desktop\iOS7_Skin>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have an error when using the 'ant apkpush' command:
C:\Users\Roberto\Studio\Programmazione\Android\workspace\skin_lib\skin_custom_rules.xml:103: Execute failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "adb": CreateProcess error=2, Unable to find specified file

Can anybody help me?

After lots of errors and problems I've been able to push the skin correctly to my device :)

• To correct the "Cannot run program "adb"" error:

I added to 'Path' (environment variables) the location of adb.exe

• Also I corrected the "--version-code" error without modify the build.xml:

I edited the skin_custom_rules.xml stored in skin_lib project

on line 75 instead of <arg value="${version.code}"/> you should write <arg value="${project.version.code}"/>

maybe someone could correct it even on Github.

Poweramp skin sdk requires Android SDK setup and working on the computer. Setting up Android SDK is out of scope of Poweramp skin SDK) There are a lot of resources (from the step-by-step to advanced ones) on the internet. Also, we develop on Macs, and can't help with Windows specifics.

Generally, with the Android SDK working (adb / ant works), Poweramp sample skins are buildable out of box with few modifications to local.properties (see the how-to doc).

The version.code error you're seeing is probably because of obsolete Android SDK you're using.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

After lots of errors and problems I've been able to push the skin correctly to my device :)

• To correct the "Cannot run program "adb"" error:

I added to 'Path' (environment variables) the location of adb.exe

• Also I corrected the "--version-code" error without modify the build.xml:

I edited the skin_custom_rules.xml stored in skin_lib project

on line 75 instead of <arg value="${version.code}"/> you should write <arg value="${project.version.code}"/>

maybe someone could correct it even on Github.

Please help! Having big difficulties with a skin! I had many errors, but solved some of them, having read this entire topic. Now at least I can generate debug.apk and other things. But other errors appeared, among them this one:

post-30870-0-42664500-1403566135_thumb.j

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Возможно ли запустить проект poweramp_skin_sdk на Android Studio? Буду очень признателен за инструкцию по запуску.

Спасибо.

• 4 weeks later...

Возможно ли запустить проект poweramp_skin_sdk на Android Studio? Буду очень признателен за инструкцию по запуску.

Спасибо.

Eh, sure?

• 5 months later...

i get this error:

-code-gen:
     [echo] SKIN: Generating R.java / Manifest.java from the resources...
     [exec] W/asset   ( 4784): Asset path ${Poweramp.apk} is neither a directory
 nor file (type=1).
     [exec] ERROR: Asset package include '${Poweramp.apk}' not found.

BUILD FAILED
C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:601: The followin
g error occurred while executing this line:
D:\Users\Denis\workspace\skin_lib\build.xml:32: exec returned: 1

Total time: 1 second

my build.xmlbuild.xml

• 1 month later...

Подскажите как использовать в теме layout\list_item_track.xml или layout\toast_with_icon.xml (нужны небольшие правки из-за иконок)

activity тут все ок

<item name="com.maxmpz.audioplayer:player_layout">@layout/activity_player_ui</item>,

Подскажите как можно использовать layout в своей теме???

• 1 year later...