Lockscreen bug

• 2 weeks later...

I think there is a problem with the album art when we use the the large lock screen. It does not show the whole album art/cover, a part of the left and the right side are missing. Using the small lock screen is fine but I would prefer using the large screen when the artwork is fully shown, not only a part of it.

Yes, large screen rescale album art some so it fit the space available, and depending on screen resolution that means it can be cut a little. There will be option to keep the album art intact, though this will introduce "white" space on the sides.

Not actually "white", it will be that gray-ish semitransparent background actually.

It's needed as album art is (usually) rectangular, and the available widget space for album art is not strictly rectangular, but depends on screen resolution/available space (different on various phones).

Thus, to fit the available space, album art can be either:

- scaled and cut a little (current approach)

- scaled to fit ignoring aspect ratio (not good, image will be distorted)

- scaled to fit without cut (white space/background will be visible).

Thanks!

Ok, I see...I can tell you that I tried another app called MusicPlayerPro, a trial version, and the developers have quite a good lockscreen without cutting anything. It's not as large as yours but it's quite good enough. Anyways your player is the best solution on the market for me and when the lock screen has the option to fit without cut, Poweramp cannot be beaten anymore, I guess...so thumbs up in advance.

Archived