Sleepmode

barser

I'd actually prefer a subtle variant, which would be an auto-off mode rather than a specific sleep timer button.

i.e. a Settings option to always turn the player off after a set period of inactivity from the user (suggest options of something like 15, 30, 45, 60, 90 or 120 mins). On my previous phone, I always had a 1 hour inactivity timer set in the music player.

Any activity in the meantime (volume change, touch the screen, pause/play, etc) would reset the counter if you want to continue listening. That way, if I still can't get to sleep it doesn't turn off on me anyway, LOL.

Andre

Thanks for the request.

Sleep timer is planned.

As for idle based sleep timer - it can't work reliable, unfortunately, as android doesn't report about events happening in other apps (due to the security - you don't want any app to spy on others).

Basically, if such idle timer would be implemented, PowerAMP could go to sleep when user, for example, is browsing something or doing anything with the other apps. This, as you can understand, is barely desirable, so I'm not sure about that feature.

It can be only done for screen OFF state (i.e. idle will tick only when screen is off) - screen on/off actions are broadcast ones and available for all apps.

Actually having an auto-stop feature that only triggers while the screen is off would work perfectly for me. The screen times out to black after a minute or so anyway, so that already implies no other user activity and so it wouldn't effect anything else. Any user interaction via the headset buttons in the meantime (which would not wake the screen) should be counted as user-activity as far as the idle countdown is concerned though.

Nice and simple to implement that way too, I assume? Could that go on the to-do list?

Andre

Archived