Slight volume fade when adjusting via volume rocker

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus (ICS) and the full version of Poweramp. Volume adjustment works just fine within the Poweramp app, but when the screen is off and I adjust the volume via the rocker switch, the volume makes a goofy fade to very low then back up to the adjusted level. I don't know if this is a Poweramp issue or some setting in ICS that I'm not aware of.

Try with a non stock music Player (Google Music, Music player are both considered stock).... Also check your Poweramp settings. I haven't experienced this issue with any of the S 2's we have, that's why we cannot say this is a bug just yet.

Thanks for the tip. Tried to reproduce the issue on WinAMP, was not able to. It looks like the issue was with Direct Volume Control. As soon as I disable this, the issue goes away. Fidelity takes a bit of a hit with DVC off but I suppose I can't have it all :)

Here is my device info if you want it:

Poweramp Version: 2.0.6-build-508 Full Version

Model: Galaxy Nexus

Android Version: 4.0.4

Kernel Version: 3.0.8-00007-gf16cc11

Build Number: IMM76D.L700FD02

I have a similar issue since I got ICS. It is 'remembering' the old volume level but not using it until i change volume. For example, at work i set volume to 50%. Later I plug in my headphones it will play at 100%. If I press down once it will go to 50% then lower.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus (ICS) and the full version of Poweramp. Volume adjustment works just fine within the Poweramp app, but when the screen is off and I adjust the volume via the rocker switch, the volume makes a goofy fade to very low then back up to the adjusted level. I don't know if this is a Poweramp issue or some setting in ICS that I'm not aware of.

Just a stup*d comment.

When it gets down... Didn't you had a notification?

I mean, the volume goes down when you have a notification and then goes up?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a stup*d comment.

When it gets down... Didn't you had a notification?

I mean, the volume goes down when you have a notification and then goes up?

I don't have any notifications set for when the volume decreases. The weirdest part is that this ONLY occurs when the screen is locked.

Archived