Quick back 5 seconds

I heard some audios that need to back and listen again some times. The Poweramp rewind button doesnt help well in that cases, sometimes back more than i need or even jump to previous track unintentionally. If you could please add an "back 5 seconds" and "jump 5 seconds" button, it will be great! Thanks!

Navigation, especially with longer music tracks, is very poor in Poweramp and does need some serious work (ideally with a user feedback thread here). My own suggestion ages ago was to add 'skip forward' and 'skip back' buttons, ideally with customisable jump amounts. If not customisable, I'd suggest backwards be a 10 second jump and forwards a 30 second jump.

I'd also like to be able to separate the fast-forward/fast-rewind buttons away from the next-track/previous-track buttons. You can't currently fast-rewind for a very short amount of time, as pressing the button for too short a time goes to the previous track instead.

These extra buttons should be skinnable of course, as not everyone may want them cluttering up their display.

Andre

Yeah that is the issue, people are already cutting our heads up about too many buttons and so it becomes a matter of how important/how many people really need this button before we can/should add it. 3.0 will be better for people that listen to longer songs but just we have to keep the look/feel as simple as possible.

but just we have to keep the look/feel as simple as possible.

To an extent, yes. But if that makes the product harder to use, I would say keep the buttons and make the album art smaller. Maybe make it a skin option? Then you could also offer a skin version with just a massive Play/Pause button in the middle and nothing else, for the people who complain about too much functionality. :)

Andre

How about settings to control how the << and >> works/reacts.. would that be a good solution?

i think this is a very smart solution. personally, i'd change the rewind and foward buttons to skip some seconds, and change previous and next song to do other things.. i actually change music using the touch. a customizable toolbar is awesome idea.

• 9 months later...

How about settings to control how the << and >> works/reacts.. would that be a good solution?

That would be great, customizable button, and not adding new ones. I would prefer to change the >> or << buttons to quick back or forward 5, 10 or even 60 seconds.

Please make it happen

Yes, I too wonder if there is any news such very simple functionality requests? I'm sure it's lovely to be able to make fancy customisations to the look of widgets to everyone's hearts' content, but personally I never use them and I'd prefer greater focus to be allocated to much-needed playback control functionality for longer audio files within the core player itself.

Adding extra "-10sec" and "+30sec" buttons (for example) would be the perfect solution, and keeping them optional/editable would make everyone happy. (and I like the above idea from Enitoni of using long-press to adjust the skip time settings)

Andre

I support this idea with all my heart. Currently, Poweramp is not really suitable for audiobook/podcast listening, especially if you do it in a foreign language and have to go backward from time to time.

Extra buttons (or the change in function) could obviously be user-customizable, and everyone would be happy :).

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

This option is highly needed as sometimes people listen to big mixes/club music or just usual songs as 4-5 seconds is very very small option. For example I wear BT headset Sennheiser MM-550X and I do not want to open up the phone for rewinding/forwarding the huge mix (options selection of seconds would be perfect for that case) > Loving this audio player but it needs an improvement for end-users

P.S. Remember success of your application/site depends on the community response ;)

• 2 years later...

Archived