Twitter Answers!

This is the question and answers for the people that tweeted us any issues with the new release from yesterday!

Question:the scroll bar on ICS doesn't line up with the length of the list. Reaches the bottom then resets a few times.

Answer: ics issue (Related to alphabetic indexer) solution requires lot of work and will be only in 3.0.

Question: -"shuffle songs - shuffle lists" is just randomly playing any song, not within the selected list. in fact, all shuffle options are operating as "shuffle all available"

Answer: shuffle songs works properly. the use case described applies when All Songs list (or recent/most played/queue/etc.) selected, when it's not possible to switch lists because there is only one list.

Question: I'm having random crashes. Not many, but its not as stable as prev builds. Rooted Sgs1 with cm9. Keep up the #hardwork chaps!

Answer: we haven't registered random crashes on sgs1, but error reports are welcome. maybe todays stability release will solve it

Question: faint text the the background of the notification on ICS. The text is song title.

Answer: none of our ics phones demonstrates such behavior (and we have many in our test pool). i bet there are 10x more devices and 100x more roms available, so i can guess this is some other aspect of android fragmentation. to help, i need at least know the device/rom

Question: I can't find the option that switches songs when I hold the up or down button :/ Not sure if it's my rom or the power amp.

Answer: not sure what up/down button is meant, anyway, poweramp has no such function (i bet volume keys are mentioned)

Question: The automatic library scan doesnt scan all new songs after PC connect. After manual full rescan all songs in the library.

Answer: we can't reproduce such issue on any of our 60+ devices. need to know the device/rom

Overall: generally, poweramp works as expected on devices/ROMs we can test on. out of this list, anything can happen, this is because devices are not 100% compatible and many of them requires special workarounds.

Question: I can't find the option that switches songs when I hold the up or down button :/ Not sure if it's my rom or the power amp.

Answer: not sure what up/down button is meant, anyway, Poweramp has no such function (i bet volume keys are mentioned)

It works for me, but that's because Cyanogenmod 9 allows me to do so. It's a setting in CM9's sound settings (probably in other roms as well).

Just for those who doesn't know.

Archived