How to change default album art?

I think what he's asking about is the system default image - i.e. what Poweramp shows when there is no other art to display, nothing in the MP3 tags and before you've downloaded any album images (currently just the logo "Poweramp" I think). Can that be altered to a user-defined image which will be shown whenever Poweramp can't show anything else.

Andre

• 4 months later...

I think what he's asking about is the system default image - i.e. what Poweramp shows when there is no other art to display, nothing in the MP3 tags and before you've downloaded any album images (currently just the logo "Poweramp" I think). Can that be altered to a user-defined image which will be shown whenever Poweramp can't show anything else.

Andre

yes that is correct :) .. :( sadly no one at Poweramp staff could help...

• 1 month later...

(I have put this reaction on google play too).

If you like (self-chosen) album art for each individual track, like me, (for compilation albums mostly) embed them with mp3Tag (or any other free program).

(I size my art to 300x300 pixels, which gives good results on my SGS2).

Make sure there are no hidden files (for example all kinds of loose album-art files) left in the music folder on your pc before you copy the folder to your phone otherwise Poweramp will make a mess of things. (errors like: unknown album, too many failed files etc.)

So erase all the hidden files, or copy just the bare mp3, wma etc to your phone !!!!!

(I found out through trial and error).

If you want self-chosen embedded art: uncheck everything in Poweramp settings concerning album art.

To view (and erase) hidden files in your music folder(s), just google 'view hidden files' to find out how to do that.

Archived