Sort by album artist

Sort by album artist would be great for compilations. I know there's the Albums by Artists, but this isn't really what I'm after.

Also the option to select whether certain words are ignored in the sorting such as "a" and "the" at the start of artist names

Cheers

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 for "album artist", really a must-have for compilations.

Instead of omitting short words in the beginning of artists, I'd like to suggest to support the "album artist sort order" / "artist sort order" tags. This will also work for Firstname, Lastname artist name types.

• 1 month later...

Love your app, but really this missing functionality is breaking it for me and I'm getting tired of waiting since I bought it a year ago, even more because I see there are hundreds like me asking you for this.

Please give me a reason not to down-rate it and do it now, not in futuristic V3.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

This is the one feature that is preventing me from purchasing the unlocker.  This should be really easy to implement and at the very top of the to-do list.  But because of this huge over-site, I'm already considering purchasing GoneMAD player instead, because it actually sorts by Album Artist tag.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived