Having an issue with my music...

Duarian

I have tried, and tried until I cannot figure out what is going on. For some reason Poweramp will find all of my music, folder wise but a lot of it is missing when I go to 'albums'. I used Isyncr to sync it too my phone (not sure if that is the issue?). Poweramp seems too be the only music player that has this issue, every other one I download finds them flawlessly.

I have tried making sure all of the folders are selected, but some albums are completely missing from the 'albums' list, yet they show in the 'folders' list just fine, some albums show but are missing a lot of the songs (again, the songs show up in 'folders' just fine). Has anyone encountered this before by chance? I am using the newest trial from the android market (obviously would like too get this resolved before I purchase, which i intend to do if that is the case).

Thank you!

This might happen because they're being synced fine, but some information is missing, so they aren't properly being synced as an album.

That's why it shows up as folder, but not album. So you might have to re-associate them after the sync. Sorry for the that!

I have tried, and tried until I cannot figure out what is going on. For some reason Poweramp will find all of my music, folder wise but a lot of it is missing when I go to 'albums'. I used Isyncr to sync it too my phone (not sure if that is the issue?). Poweramp seems too be the only music player that has this issue, every other one I download finds them flawlessly.

I have tried making sure all of the folders are selected, but some albums are completely missing from the 'albums' list, yet they show in the 'folders' list just fine, some albums show but are missing a lot of the songs (again, the songs show up in 'folders' just fine). Has anyone encountered this before by chance? I am using the newest trial from the android market (obviously would like too get this resolved before I purchase, which i intend to do if that is the case).

Thank you!

This might happen because they're being synced fine, but some information is missing, so they aren't properly being synced as an album.

That's why it shows up as folder, but not album. So you might have to re-associate them after the sync. Sorry for the that!

I would have no issue doing this if it solved my.problem. how would I go about doing this? I manually checked my folders on the computer and everything seems too stick in the information. (Album, artist...etc) but Poweramp is throwing a lot of them in 'unknown' albums. Any easy way to do this without editing the tags one by one in Poweramp?

I would have no issue doing this if it solved my.problem. how would I go about doing this? I manually checked my folders on the computer and everything seems too stick in the information. (Album, artist...etc) but Poweramp is throwing a lot of them in 'unknown' albums. Any easy way to do this without editing the tags one by one in Poweramp?

I can't think of any easy way to do it. I used to download music to my phone too, but I just use a cable now because of this exact issue. I'll go throw a few settings and see if I can solve the problem for you, and if I can, I'll post it here for you.

Sorry for the incontinence.

I can't think of any easy way to do it. I used to download music to my phone too, but I just use a cable now because of this exact issue. I'll go throw a few settings and see if I can solve the problem for you, and if I can, I'll post it here for you.

Sorry for the incontinence.

Oh...this music isn't downloaded too my.phone. it is synced normally. All the information syncs fine, it just seems on 75 of my songs Poweramp cannot recognize the tags. It just throws them into 'unknown albums'

Oh...this music isn't downloaded too my.phone. it is synced normally. All the information syncs fine, it just seems on 75 of my songs Poweramp cannot recognize the tags. It just throws them into 'unknown albums'

Synced normally as in via the air or drag and drop. Personally I use iTunes to manage my music to make sure everything is peachy before I do anything with it like burn it or sync to phone, but that's just me, I wouldn't put something inconvenient like that as a solution to this problem. I'm still looking to get this fixed or figure out how to walk around it.

Synced normally as in via the air or drag and drop. Personally I use iTunes to manage my music to make sure everything is peachy before I do anything with it like burn it or sync to phone, but that's just me, I wouldn't put something inconvenient like that as a solution to this problem. I'm still looking to get this fixed or figure out how to walk around it.

Correct, I use Itunes as well. I use Isyncr too sync all of my music. The players that use the android library scanner find everything and organize it just fine, it seems that Poweramp's media scanner has issues with my mp3's though. It doesnt recognize the genre on some of them (just puts them in as 'other') and unless I manually re-enter the albums/artists as I said earlier it doesnt recognize that information either.

I am the same as you, I am very OCD with my music in Itunes. I make sure every album is consistent with tracks, no split albums. I go through the music folders one by and and make sure the tags are appropriate. I noticed Poweramp is deleting the tags on the songs it doesnt recognize though. It seems if I manually edit the tags in Poweramp, it deletes any known tags that the song had too begin with. Then I have to re-edit the tags from my computer in Itunes and basically start from square one again and re-sync it.

I'll let the developer know about this issue. Please, for my references, try deleting some of the issue CD's that are being synced badly and sync it using USB cable to see if they are synced right. Let me know if the issue persist even after syncing it that way.

Everything is synced with a USB cable using isyncr. Originally the tags are stuck too the files. However I noticed this yesterday.

When I edit the tags in Poweramp and save them, (I literally did this one by one for all the files it didn't recognize yesterday) and go back into the folder via PC on my SD card, all tag information is gone. If I re input the information, and re scan my Poweramp library everything is fine...no unknown genre/album/artists on the songs I manually edited within Poweramp. Not sure what happens along those lines but that seems too have fixed my problems...until I add more music anyway.

Hey Wen, would you please take a look at the widget album art bug I posted? It seems multiple people are having the issue. Just about the only thing stopping me from purchasing since I manually edited my songs tags. Thank you!

Hey Wen, would you please take a look at the widget album art bug I posted? It seems multiple people are having the issue. Just about the only thing stopping me from purchasing since I manually edited my songs tags. Thank you!

Yes, I just saw. I told Max about it a second ago, and he'll probable check out the post on Monday.

Thanks for the heads up!

Thank's for being so helpful Wen! In regards too my issue with the missing tags on songs, I did the long work around and fixed it...but I am glad it has been brought too the attention. I believe I emailed max one of the MP3's that was giving issues with Poweramp as well so hopefully that will help resolve the issue! Feel free too close this thread!

Archived