Have Poweramp Respect .nomedia FIles

aliahyp

If Poweramp respected .nomedia files, the initialization and folder scan phases would be faster. I know it doesn't because after about 10 minutes the app finished it's initial scan, and every media file on the sdcard was included, including my ringtones, a file in Downloads, etc. It spent a ridiculous amount of time scanning 3Gb of data when only 174Mb of it was audio I would actually like to be included.

• 2 months later...

You can have it scan only certain folders if you like, right? (I stick all of my music in /Music & just have it read that folder)

Quite, that's what I do. I have Poweramp set to only scan the folder \MusicFolders. And I do have a '.nomedia' flag in that MusicFolders location already (in order to stop the Android system library from also scanning it) so making Poweramp respect the standard ',nomedia' would actually have completely the wrong effect!

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

I do not like that all my ringtones to be added like music in my favorite player. Please make at least an option to Setting.

That already is an option, as discussed above.

Just disable whichever folder contains your ringtones using Poweramp's 'Settings' > 'Folders and Library' > 'Music Folders' selection screen. Only folders which are ticked in that list will be scanned.

Andre

Archived