Sorting.

• 1 year later...

just dloaded Poweramp demy and am tring it for the first time, it is indeed the best player for android, seems to have the same amount of care and enthusiasm in development as the (pre AOL) Winamp! i'm very impressed

the lack of the feature described in this post is preventing me from buying it. the answer described by the moderator is not quite correct. i cannot have a list of all my music loaded that is sorted by path+filename like winamp. i have tried a few things but they seem to behave in an unstable wau, with the pure alphabetic sort of all tracks (either names or filenames) returnig after a few hits of next/shuffle. ideally yo ucan shuffle your list of files by path+filename and if you hear a song from an albul you feel like lsitening to, simply turn off shuffle and use reguler next/previosu to lsiten to other tracks in that album

The system you describe works fine for me, I use just that method of folder/file sorting myself.

I have Folder-level sorting set to "By Path", and "View As" set to "List". Then File-level sorting is set to "By Filename".

Then within the Player UI screen I can play tracks for as long as I want with the 'Shuffle icon' activate, and when I drop out of Shuffle mode (by turning the icon to "Off") my music continues to play in the original desired path order (i.e. ordered by folder/filename, with Next/Prev acting as you would expect).

Andre

thanks for the tip. i now see that 'folder' play mode is actually a whole differnt mdoe. i was mistakenly adding al lthe contents of the folders to a playlist. nstead the way to get the desired behavior is

1) go to folder mode

2) display in'heirachy' mode and browse to the top level folder where all your music is

3) set sort mode to 'filename'

4) hit the little icon on the right hand side of the folder name and select 'play'

this puts the whole platyer in folder mode playing all your music (the play icon is a little bit diffent to plkaylist mode). shuffle mode now works as i desire.

thnak you! i will definitely be purhcasing this player now, as there are so many other features in it that i like to use. the sort mode stuff would have been a showstopper but now its fine!

Glad I could help. I always use PA in Folder mode as it gives so much more control back to the user. I actually prefer viewing in List mode rather than Hierarchy, as although it makes the list longer to scroll through, it's often easier than drilling down (and back up) through several folder layers.

My theory is that if I wanted a phone that told me how things should work, rather than the other way around, I'd have bought an iPhone in the first place. :)

Andre

Archived