Advice Needed - Viewsonic Viewpad 10e (Android) Installation

Gstar31

Hi,

I recently purchased a Android Viewsonic Viewpad 10e. Now, apparently this is an Android tablet, however, it is not full. It doesn't have google market/play store so it limits me on what apps I can buy for it. Instead, it has 1mobile store on it.

I have installed the Poweramp trial and I must say, fantastic, it works flawlessly, however, I want to buy the full version but can't from the 1mobile store.

I am however, able to access Poweramp's site directly from the app. My question is this, if I continue to buy the full version from the website, will I be able to install the full version unlocker from the email sent to me? Also, I have a Samsung Galaxy s and a Sony Eriksson x10i phone that I would like to put the full version on, if I download the trial version from the Google market, could I also upgrade to the full version using the same email sent to me. Just don't want to be paying out loads of money if I don't need to.

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.....

If it has an File Explorer, you can manually install Market/Play Store. You just need to get Market or Vending.apk from somewhere.

It may help you: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1328992

Thanks, i have tried this but couldn't get it to work. I will try it again and see if i can get it working, if not, i will just contact Poweramp directly to see if there is a workaround for it. Thanks again.

Thanks, i have tried this but couldn't get it to work. I will try it again and see if i can get it working, if not, i will just contact Poweramp directly to see if there is a workaround for it. Thanks again.

Just had a look at your link, it is different from the one ive tried. For the above link method to work, i need root access, i don't have root access on this tablet and there is no possible root at the moment that I am aware of.

Believe me, I am keeping an eye on xda as some of the devs are starting to look into rooting this tablet, think they are waiting on the source code etc from viewsonic. For a cheap budget tablet, this has got a lot of potential, until root is available, I am limited on what I can do, including installing the market.

Archived