Can I make Poweramp my default media player?

imitto

Every time I connect wired or wireless headset Google Music starts playing as the default media player. Can I set Poweramp for default? If I tap on an MP3 file in a file manager, android shows all apps that can use the files - but I can only choose Music or iMediaShare...

I hope you get an answer to this, because it drives me crazy too. Sometimes I get 6 or 7 options to choose from when I request music to be played after a download,etc. Poweramp is never on the list, so I can never choose to make it the default player.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

When I select a music file using a file explorer o when I want to start the music player utility from my sport track aplication (Endomondo) Android shows a list of aplications that can be used to play the file or to listen music but on that list never apear Poweramp.

I have tried with different ROOM versions (GB 2.3.7, ICS 4.04 and JB 4.1.1) with the same result

Any idea?

Regards!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new here and pretty much a dummy at all this On top of that, I just spent a half an hour trying toget past security just to get signed up to find some answers myself. I'm wondering if there are some national defense secrets contained on this site. Anyway, this topic interests me as well. You refer to finding the answer at the forum. Which forum do you mean?

• 10 months later...

I used Astro File Browser (probably any file browser will work) to navigate directly to one of my mp3 files.  Then, I long-pressed the mp3 and selected "Open As", "Audio".  It then showed me the list of available music players where I selected "Poweramp", "Always".  That makes it default, for mp3 files, at least.

Archived