Random album play

lifter

One of the favorite things about my Creative Zen player was the "Album of the Day" feature. With one click of a button, it would choose a random album on your player and play the songs in order from start to finish. I have over 500 albums on my phone, and I would love the option for Poweramp to randomly choose one to play.

I think this request was already made in another post (topic #1867), but I'm not sure that the response from the moderator actually pertains to this feature. Or, if it does, I haven't been able to figure out how to get Shuffle to accomplish this. If this feature I'm requesting is indeed already built in, could someone please walk me through the steps to get it to work?

EDIT: As it turns out, the "Shuffle Lists, Songs in Order" feature replicates this, but its functionality was a little confusing to me at first. In order to change albums (if you don't like the one that was randomly selected), you can click on the >>> button on the far right to switch to another random album. Thanks Poweramp!

Second EDIT: I've figured out why I couldn't get this to work before. You have to choose to play an album through the "Albums" part of the library for this feature to work. If you instead enter your music library through "Artists" and are playing an album, then the >>> button (even when "Shuffle Lists, Songs in Order" is selected) proceeds in order to the next album of the artist (or the next artist in alphabetical order if it's the last album of the currently playing artist). Hope this clears things up for someone who was similarly frustrated at first.

Archived