Tasker and Poweramp Equalizer

Jake-o

Hopefully some folks out there are familiar with tasker. I have a task that launches whenever I plug something in to my headphone jack. It has a selection window for if i'm in my car or if i'm listening with headphones.

What I was wondering is if anyone knew of a way to change the equalizer settings automatically.

Tasker supports launching with arguments though I don't know if Poweramp looks for arguments when launching. Most apps don't

I also notice there is an API but i'm afraid I don't know enough about programming to know how to use it.

Any help would be awesome, thanks.

Poweramp supports some api, including control of Poweramp equalizer via Intents sent to Poweramp. Not sure about tasker though, you may need to ask their support/forum.

As I understand, Poweramp equ preset assignment to specific outputs (BT/wired headset/speaker) doesn't work well for you?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Sorry to drag up an old topic, but I'm in a similar situation...

I use my phone for music both with a wired headset with mic/in-line remote (3.5mm TRRS connection) and in the car (3.5 TRS connection, my head unit isn't bluetooth enabled).

Because they're completely different listening environments, I'd like to be able to assign different EQ presets for each (flat EQ in the car, bass & treble boost for headset).

I know that the Poweramp EQ allows to assign EQ presets to speaker, wired headset and bluetooth headset, however it doesn't discriminate between the mic/in-line remote-less TRS connection, and the mic/in-line remote enabled TRRS connection.

What are the chances of this being added to a future revision of Poweramp? Alternately, I know that Tasker can launch profiles based off what type of 3.5mm connector is plugged in - is there an activity/launch argument which can be used to manually set different EQ presets when Poweramp is started?

I'm not sure of the likely hood of this since Poweramp already has so many features being requested and changing the EQ setting being only two clicks away. We will certainly add it to the list of requested features otherwise though; we love making sure everyone is perfectly happy :)

Sorry to drag up an old topic, but I'm in a similar situation...

I use my phone for music both with a wired headset with mic/in-line remote (3.5mm TRRS connection) and in the car (3.5 TRS connection, my head unit isn't bluetooth enabled).

Because they're completely different listening environments, I'd like to be able to assign different EQ presets for each (flat EQ in the car, bass & treble boost for headset).

I know that the Poweramp EQ allows to assign EQ presets to speaker, wired headset and bluetooth headset, however it doesn't discriminate between the mic/in-line remote-less TRS connection, and the mic/in-line remote enabled TRRS connection.

What are the chances of this being added to a future revision of Poweramp? Alternately, I know that Tasker can launch profiles based off what type of 3.5mm connector is plugged in - is there an activity/launch argument which can be used to manually set different EQ presets when Poweramp is started?

Thanks Wen!

I know it's not particularly far in the UI to change EQ presets - but the whole idea of my current set up is to plug my phone in when I get into the car, and forget about the rest; same reason why EQ presets are assignable against various destinations.

Other than that, Poweramp is arguably one of the best apps I've bought. It get's used daily, and it's been worth every cent and more!

Thanks Wen!

I know it's not particularly far in the UI to change EQ presets - but the whole idea of my current set up is to plug my phone in when I get into the car, and forget about the rest; same reason why EQ presets are assignable against various destinations.

Other than that, Poweramp is arguably one of the best apps I've bought. It get's used daily, and it's been worth every cent and more!

Yeah, most certainly will do our best to get this feature in the next few releases.

Archived