spectrum analyser bars re-adjust size possible?

in the attached can the spectrum analyser bars be scaled? below they overlap the album art and i am unable to adjust them smaller. otherwise thank you so much - money well spent on yaps and Poweramp.

the player runs on my android 13 head unit in my car.

IMG-20240514-WA0020.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, was able to move things around. few questions though

1) can the displayed album art be scaled/sized smaller? i can scale them for the library but want to on main screen.

2) if the album art is smaller than the container on main screen then there is a black background to fill the container as shown in the attached

3) lastly is this possible: adding 2 custom buttons to the navbar? i want to add the radio button shortcut so if i go back to radio its easy and for navigation app like maps. 

4) can the equalizer shortcut button be changed to point to the headunit's built in equalizer and DSP. i do not use the software equalizer and i'm sure most users using a head unit would enjoy this as well.

thank you for your patience in this regard

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, TariqR said:

ok, was able to move things around. few questions though

1) can the displayed album art be scaled/sized smaller? i can scale them for the library but want to on main screen.

2) if the album art is smaller than the container on main screen then there is a black background to fill the container as shown in the attached

3) lastly is this possible: adding 2 custom buttons to the navbar? i want to add the radio button shortcut so if i go back to radio its easy and for navigation app like maps. 

4) can the equalizer shortcut button be changed to point to the headunit's built in equalizer and DSP. i do not use the software equalizer and i'm sure most users using a head unit would enjoy this as well.

thank you for your patience in this regard

1) yes you can scale albumart

image.png.891a9478768bdb8d9f883808bf98afae.png

2)  if you switch off albumblur (in Poweramp itself) but that would apply then to the whole screen. 

3) no, a skin cannot add additional functionality. It can nly work with what is given

4) same as 3

Edited by flyingdutchman

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

the navbar in DIY mode cannot be adjusted. how do i make it stretch all the way to the left as in the default Poweramp skin mode? its currently just half the screen.

also i cant shift the spectrum bars to the left. as in the above pic. the right side is right on the edge. want to adjust that so that there is a gab between the edge of the screen and the last bar. when i move to the left in yaps it stretched the bars to the left and not move all the bars to the left.

Thanks the navbar worked as you said but the spectrum bars i still have no luck on moving it. i can move the waveseek and play buttons around. 

the spectrum bars can move up or down but if i move it left or right it only moves the bars wider or thinner. it does not actually move the bars so last bar cuts off on the edge.

also can a custom background be imported as the background? cant seem to find this option

@TariqR sorry, mixed up the waveseek and spectrum. will have a look at this. There is no option to import a custom background. this would require some code which a skin cannot execute

The spectrum is fixed to the right hand side so when moved to the left, it stretches like the navbar. I will see if I can make it independant and resizeable

Edited by flyingdutchman

Hi, i notice with Poweramp skins available on the playstore they have their custom backgrounds and buttons. will yaps be able to do this in the future? import custom backgrounds from jpgs/bmps and buttons?

also just asking about the playlist. can each title with its album art be separated by a line because it makes it easier to see the titles when driving...

can custom or other spectrum bars be imported?

On 6/13/2024 at 9:00 AM, TariqR said:

good day,

any feedback on solving the spectrum bars moving to the left please?

The spectrum still needs to be attached to the right otherwise it disappears so my soluton is to set a right margin which then adjusts the size

for example

image.png.93757a0c42ba0a533d4f1300129e1f35.png

and you can even place it over the albumart

image.png.8121b2a5a97ad429da97b6b8124c157c.png

Edited by flyingdutchman

hi, thank you so much - works perfect. apologies for being so pedantic about things. in the below attached how do i get the corners on the spectrum bars straight/square or remove the rounded corners? tried removing the corners from the album art but to no avail. is there another setting for this?

but thanks so much... 

corner spectrum.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

good evening, can i ask some assistance please?

my steering wheel controls controlled the previous and next songs on Poweramp but now for some reason it does not work anymore. on the radio it works fine. is there any menu or setting i need to check please?

30 minutes ago, TariqR said:

good evening, can i ask some assistance please?

my steering wheel controls controlled the previous and next songs on Poweramp but now for some reason it does not work anymore. on the radio it works fine. is there any menu or setting i need to check please?

sometimes artifacts are moved too much and I have found they no longer react. Send me a screenshot please

on the above pic, how do i get those lines that spaces between songs in the playlist please?

will send a pic for the next/previous controls buttons soon,