Some songs are missing cover artwork and other information

I have build 976 on Android 12 and I load full albums into folders.  When Poweramp searches for album art, it applies it automatically to all the songs except, in several cases, not to the first song.  It doesn't happen every time but often.  When it happens, it's always the first track.  If I try to manually apply the art, it doesn't show any art available.   Does this happen for anyone else and is there anything I can do?

Screenshot_20240331-234539_Poweramp.jpg

Edited by andrewilley
Moved from older build-specific topic so the report does not get overlooked

1 hour ago, rockhpi said:

I have build 976 on Android 12 and I load full albums into folders.  When Poweramp searches for album art, it applies it automatically to all the songs except, in several cases, not to the first song.  It doesn't happen every time but often.  When it happens, it's always the first track.  If I try to manually apply the art, it doesn't show any art available.   Does this happen for anyone else and is there anything I can do?

Screenshot_20240331-234539_Poweramp.jpg

A song appearing with no album art and unknown tags is most significant.

On 4/1/2024 at 1:10 PM, Fitzian said:

A song appearing with no album art and unknown tags is most significant.

Yeah, one of the user from other forum contacted me for the same issue which was the album art missing, even the tags were filled with correct datas.

On 4/1/2024 at 4:50 AM, rockhpi said:

When Poweramp searches for album art, it applies it automatically to all the songs except, in several cases, not to the first song.

If you long-press on one of the songs which has this issue, what does 'Info/Tags' show you? That should display the data stored within the audio file's embedded tags. Compare the results for that song with the same screen for a different song. I assume you are looking at a Folder view there by the way, as the problem file most likely won't appear in Artist or Albums views due to the missing data.

In the case of the first song in your screenshot, it would appear nothing was found when the file was initially found during the library scanning process (filename shown instead of a Title, and no Artist/Album info either). Also, the subsequent entries all show filenames instead of Titles too, even though they do have Artist/Album details. Do you perhaps have Settings=>Library=>Lists=>Filename As Title enabled, or is the Title tag missing from their Info/Tags display?

If the Info/Tags data seems correct, try doing Settings=>Library=>Full Rescan and see if the information is picked up by a new scan.

Andre

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

If you long-press on one of the songs which has this issue, what does 'Info/Tags' show you? That should display the data stored within the audio file's embedded tags. Compare the results for that song with the same screen for a different song. I assume you are looking at a Folder view there by the way, as the problem file most likely won't appear in Artist or Albums views due to the missing data.

In the case of the first song in your screenshot, it would appear nothing was found when the file was initially found during the library scanning process (filename shown instead of a Title, and no Artist/Album info either). Also, the subsequent entries all show filenames instead of Titles too, even though they do have Artist/Album details. Do you perhaps have Settings=>Library=>Lists=>Filename As Title enabled, or is the Title tag missing from their Info/Tags display?

If the Info/Tags data seems correct, try doing Settings=>Library=>Full Rescan and see if the information is picked up by a new scan.

Andre

I suggested the exactly same strategies like these to the one I mentioned before, but I forgot to ask for the screenshot, and which he said that didn't work out. I suspected it, so I ask for a exact file for a comparison, maybe I'll get it tomorrow.

On 4/3/2024 at 11:43 PM, Loweaul said:

I suggested the exactly same strategies like these to the one I mentioned before, but I forgot to ask for the screenshot, and which he said that didn't work out. I suspected it, so I ask for a exact file for a comparison, maybe I'll get it tomorrow.

Well, he replied me this morning about solving the issue with the strategy that I gave before, and I also posted a thread for troubleshooting in that forum, which included this method and something else, and I hope this would help a bit.