Please use industry standards

JohnD

Hi,

Sorry for half rant, but you are long enough in that app creation business to learn how to make UI understandable and not currently confusing.

1. After version update I have some issues. I do not know which version Of have as industry standard "help" menu does not have a "about" submeniu showing the version.

2. After update I no longer see a button in lock screen to go to previous song (only pause and next). Checking the settings, it is impossible to find (without reading half of this forum), how to make that button appear. I believe there was the same issue with older version and I had to find in forums how to enable it. But now even in logical place "Settings" - "Lock Screen" there is nothing for that.

Please use industry standard ways and do not reinvent the bicycle where not necessary.

P.s. I was talking about the default lock screen widget and not the custom one which needs to be enabled to overwrite over apps where it allows to use full Poweramp features without unlocking the device. The default lock screen widget just needs to show "previous" button next to "pause" and "forward". And pls do not tell that's because of limited space - find the space!

Edited by JohnD

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

Hi,

Sorry for half rant, but you are long enough in that app creation business to learn how to make UI understandable and not currently confusing.

1. After version update I have some issues. I do not know which version Of have as industry standard "help" menu does not have a "about" submeniu showing the version.

2. After update I no longer see a button in lock screen to go to previous song (only pause and next). Checking the settings, it is impossible to find (without reading half of this forum), how to make that button appear. I believe there was the same issue with older version and I had to find in forums how to enable it. But now even in logical place "Settings" - "Lock Screen" there is nothing for that.

Please use industry standard ways and do not reinvent the bicycle where not necessary.

P.s. I was talking about the default lock screen widget and not the custom one which needs to be enabled to overwrite over apps where it allows to use full Poweramp features without unlocking the device. The default lock screen widget just needs to show "previous" button next to "pause" and "forward". And pls do not tell that's because of limited space - find the space!

Screenshot_20240218-1222112.thumb.png.d7b2f3464b1a83711918efc582bdd561.png

Screenshot_20240218-1222202.thumb.png.e7c370607b6606a8a35bf2f7a5a4abc6.png

Screenshot_20240218-1228562.thumb.png.58d6a1d796507b7c8681a86294b343f2.png

Screenshot_20240218-1229012.thumb.png.27fb182a9765e4284c4d61e36c60a763.png

Screenshot_20240218-122929.thumb.png.e807b8c102e691f58d8a3c5ad42c1c24.png

1. The "About" item is at the bottom of the Settings menu, which is the standard place to find it in Android apps.
  2. The layout of the media control widget in Android's lockscreen is defined by Android, not Poweramp, so it too is as per the Android standard (unless you override that and use a previous/legacy incarnation anyway).
    Android requires three buttons to always be present - 'Play/Pause', '>>' and '<<' - but it does also provide apps with some flexibility to change the additional controls either side of them if necessary. As these extra buttons are mostly useful for Android Auto (which supports more than five icons, via an overflow icon) Poweramp offers that choice to the user via the 'Buttons' option in the Android Auto subsection of Settings=>Misc. As per the notes in that menu, for Notifications and Lockscreen Widgets only the first two items will have any effect.

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

2) The layout of the media control widget in Android's lockscreen is defined by Android, not Poweramp

Damn that android and it's crappy default behaviour.

4 hours ago, JohnD said:

Damn that android and it's crappy default behaviour.

The exact look depends on your device manufacture's firmware and the Android version you are running, but for example on a Samsung device with Android 14, and 'Music' enabled in its Android Settings=>Lockscreen=>Widgets page, you should see one of these two versions of the media widget - either minimised with just three basic icons, or expanded with five icon (with the outer two configurable). Both versions seem fine to me (they are based on the design of statusbar pull-down media control panel). What do you see on your device?

image.png

image.png

Andre