A. H.

I am seeking to clear all cover art from PA

Here's the issue: I own several albums, which are really a compilation of albums. Like Rush - Archives, Led Zeppelin - The Complete Studio Recordings, and others. Each song in these has art embedded, sometimes several images (though PA seems to ignore anything but the front cover). I preferred that each original album keep the original album art (e.g. Rush - Fly By Night), although all albums are named with the compilation name (e.g. Archives) and I keep track of the CD count also

By accident I tried to use a second embedded art, failed, and by choosing one for a song, it changed all the covers to this new art in the entire compilation of albums/songs.

All I'm trying to do is revert it to do again as it was originally, reading the EMBEDDED front cover of the album in each song. IDC that the album will be one of the covers of the individual albums inside. And hence I'd like to clear all album covers and start from scratch.

I have tried:

1. Clearing album cache

2. Uninstalling just the app and reinstalling

3. Moving the folder containing the album somewhere PA doesn't scan, clearing cache, placing it back where PA can find it.

4. Uninstalling both app and unlocker.

The result is always the same. The entire album ignores embedded art and goes by what I selected accidentally

How can I clear things to go back to embedded album art ONLY and GET RID OF THE STORED ART FOR AN ALBUM for the album somewhere in Android?

I have the latest version of PA from Goggle's Play Store running on Android 13. I am not rooted still in warranty with my phone.

Bonus question (related): Like many, I have several Greatest Hits albums by different artists. PA shows the same cover for all albums, the very first "Greatest Hits" that I added (Although each song keeps the correct embedded art). Hence every single album cover in artist view, no matter the artist, looks the same (songs are fine, just the cover above). Is there a way to change this? (Low priority)

Downloaded Album Art is stored in the folders album_art (automatic) and selected_aa (manually downloaded). Entries in these folders will override embedded artwork. You can also have cover artwork image files saved within each music folder (e.g. as folder.jpg). Removing the contents of the cache folder and/or locally stored in-folder images will revert back to only showing embedded artwork (don't forget to also turn off the auto-download feature in PA Settings=>Album Art).

Andre

4 hours ago, A. H. said:

Bonus question (related): Like many, I have several Greatest Hits albums by different artists. PA shows the same cover for all albums, the very first "Greatest Hits" that I added (Although each song keeps the correct embedded art). Hence every single album cover in artist view, no matter the artist, looks the same (songs are fine, just the cover above). Is there a way to change this? (Low priority)

Make sure you have the Albumartist metadata tag filled in for each one of these “Greatest Hits” albums. The unique combination of Albumartist and Album will be what allows Poweramp (and most other players) to differentiate any albums with identical names. This includes the artwork.