screen on for a few secs on song change

vyath

Just thought of another idea.

When I'm studying, and the phone is on the table, or when I'm in the car and the phone is in its cradle - I listen to music but I don't keep the screen on all the time (battery drain).

It would be cool if there was an option that if the screen is off, then when a song changes the player would turn the screen on for a few seconds, so you could see the song name and and art and then turn it back off automatically.

What do you think?

Ah sorry, I thought you're about the screen flashing problem (when PowerAMP changed tracks) which affected some users :)

Actually, for auto-cradle I think permanent screen on feature is more appropriate (it can be already configured this way for docks afaik), and PowerAMP will include "keep screen on" function as well.

yeah - always on is good if your cradle has a usb connection.

mine doesn't though, so i usually keep my screen off and just hit the power button and look at the playing song on the lock screen widget every time a song changes, then lock the screen again with the power button so it would be nice if the screen turned on for a sec or two so i could see what song is next instead of doing it manually

dunno, but maybe it's just me... perhaps other people will think it's a weird feature request :)

I agree. Sometimes I use my cradle, sometimes with power, sometimes without, so for those times that I don't use it with power it would be good to save energy by just turning the screen on for ~15secs when the track changes. I also think that it would be less distracting when driving (especially at night) to only have the screen on for a few seconds rather than constantly.

I am very new to Poweramp (just starting using it today), so far I very much like what I see. I have been using Mixzing and in most areas Poweramp is better, but this is one feature that Mixzing has that Poweramp is currently lacking and may prevent me from actually purchasing Poweramp.

Cheers,

• 5 years later...

I agree, I would like to ask it too (with customizable time interval: 1-20 sec)

When I drive, phone in the cradle and a song is changing, it would be just a glance, to know the name.

Have active cradle or not, its unnecessary to keep screen on all the time, if you want to glance it for a second in every 5 minutes.

There is another ask:

Archived