Poweramp builds 961-970

maxmp

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Bencherished said:

@maxmp The album art from the Album category no longer display.

Using the 3 dots option button to manually download the album art, album art only applies to track(s).

Full rescan and rescan does not solve the issue. 

Bencherished

same here, album tumbnail / album header not showing but track thumbnail does since this update.

rescan, full rescan, restart my phone and still the same.

Screenshot_20230607_224322_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.25efc446e204727bb28e3631a413d64c.jpg

@ihaspei thank God I'm not the only one with the issue, if not, the next thing will be (I can't reproduce the issue) I have been experiencing some issues but i look for a way to go around them.

This issue took away some beauty from Poweramp, I have to report it.

Bencherished.

2 hours ago, G-mjuni said:

they just have no any effects, even if you adjust them.

My mistake, I thought you were saying that the controls couldn't be adjusted, rather than that their audio functionality was not working. Yes, I get the same issue as you when listening to the results.

Andre

An issue with Android Notification Bar, as you can see in the video down here, the point on the Seekbar will somehow reset its position when you tap the Repeat Button and the Shuffle Button. And I can see the pattern when you tap those button but I think it doesn't matter. 

And here's the video .

Edited by Loweaul
Correction

I have an issues,

List Option

Most played- Playing songs in this category do not affect truck statistics. Let say that a song has played 20 times, it won't change to 21 times when played again in this category.

Equalizer

When you change a song, the configured equalizer is not automatically applied like before.

22 minutes ago, G-mjuni said:

Most played- Playing songs in this category do not affect truck statistics. Let say that a song has played 20 times, it won't change to 21 times when played again in this category.

Correct, that has always been the case and it is mentioned in most of the List Options setting screens where that sorting mode is offered:

image.png

As I understand it, if the Play Count was further incremented during playback of a list that is already indexed by Play Count, it could corrupt the indexing and thus break the playback order. If you are playing anything that is sorted by Time Played or Play Count, those value will not be changed no matter how many times you repeat the song during that session. 

Andre

Build 965:

• Target SDK updated to 33 due to the Google Play requirements. This causes the following changes, restrictions, and requirements:

Play edition:
    • File Access Legacy Mode option is not supported anymore on Android 13+. The support is removed by Google.
      Please use Music Folders dialog to enable/add appropriate folders with the music to Poweramp Library
      Android doesn't allow certain folders to be added this way, including /Downloads or storage root. This limitation is set by Google. Please try adding their subfolders instead

Website (-uni-) edition:
    • File Access Legacy Mode option now requires All Files Access permission on Android 13+
      All Files Access permission also makes more file types (previously invisible in File Access Legacy Mode) available for Poweramp, such as .CUE files

All editions:
    • Android 13+ shows media notification differently for the Target SDK 33 apps, additional actions (Shuffle/Repeat) are shown and unified with other media consumers, such as Android Auto.
      Depending on firmware, the look of the notification is also slightly changed
    • on Android 13+ Keep Media Notification is enabled by default and it now always keeps notification on pause.
      The player is unloaded in 5 seconds of paused state, as previously
    • Android 13+ notification/Auto icons updated to match system media icons
    • on Android 13+ the close action (X) is not available anymore

Note: At the moment Google denied All Files Access permission for Poweramp for the 963-965 builds, but, as access to the files is a core functionality of local player, I'll try to continue with requesting this a bit later, as it takes weeks to get Play team response.