Default 3rd Party Skin for Light/Dark Mode

It would be great if an option could be added to let us set default 3rd party skins for light/dark mode separately.

I am aware that Poweramp has a Follow Day/Night Mode in settings, if selected skins supports it.

But no skin seems to able to implement that, even Melodi or Aurora that supposedly should have both.

Do you mean you'd like to install two skins, and have Poweramp select between them based on the currently active Day/Night mode?

Or do you mean you'd like to have two separate sets of settings for the same skin, with the changeover triggered by the Day/Night mode? As you say, it does appear that option could be supported by Skins already should they choose to do so.

Andre

Thank you for the reply Andre, I meant the former but I have since read an older thread where that feature was being requested, and Max replied with:

it does apply, and skin is free to define dark/light themes - Poweramp will switch between them. To allow user specifically set various themes as dark and light, I need to remove this ability for dark/light themes from skin authors (or otherwise nobody will ever understand why dark/light themes change w/o reading wall-of-paper FAQ or manual). If you have some idea how to add this possibility and also keep skin-defined light/dark auto switching - feel free to share.

So it looks that it's an issue I have to take to the skin devs.

@hernangb Dark mode for  skins does not make sense in my opinion. Take Yaps for example, the user is able to set many many options, colours, backgrounds, change layout etc. The "dark skin" must be pre specified and will vary from user to user so a "dark mode" for Yaps would be what??? . It works for default Poweramp as both light and dark are given. With custom skins  I cannot see how it would work.

@flyingdutchman I understand your point, but skins like Aurora and Melodi already come with both Light and Dark mode separate in one app ( see attached pic) but you still have to change between them manually, what I'd like is for them to change accordingly to night/day.

Screenshot_20230517-150631_Poweramp.png

+1 for me, this would be welcome, as a melodi skin user (melodi topic is probably where this discussion should take place, rather than arguing the merits with another skin's developer)

would be nice to automatically switch between the two per day/night/device schedule. once the user has chosen the options for either skin (or even left everything default), it really doesn't matter.

@flyingdutchman I guess in a perfect world - and ignoring the programming duplication considerations - the user would be able to make two completely different and isolated designs within the same skin, one for night-time use and another for day-time.

In practice though, I would think most people would want to perfect a day-time layout and then simply click to duplicate the whole design over into the night-time scheme and then adjust the colours.

Andre

@andrewilley i guess i was taking "dark mode" too literal. As for adding a second skin, not only will the app nearly double in size, but it will be maintenance nightmare. Apart from this. As i stated, too much effort to implement for yaps. As for Melodi, google removed the original versions as being too similar. The developer therefore created a new app, merging the two skins.