Transfer Google Play License to Direct Download License

kaurloto

Hi there! Avid Poweramp user on Android for years, but recently migrated to LineageOS without Google Play Services which means no Google Play Store. I can download Poweramp and Poweramp Unlocker using Aurora Store signed into my Google account which has the purchase, but after a couple launches it can't verify the license.

Can I transfer my Google Play license to the Direct Download version? Hoping I don't have to buy it a second time... Is there a way to get it working using Aurora Store? I can't imagine living without Poweramp!

Thanks for your time.

No, Google Play purchases need to be validated via the Google Play Store, Google doesn't allow a purchase from them to be transferred to another platform. If you can't sideload Google services and the Play Store, you will need to purchase again directly (which will be for a single device at any given time). Sorry.

Andre

Understandable - I was hoping that my Google purchase would be honored by your team and I'd get a direct download code, but I just went and bought a second license. Up and running on my phone again, thanks for the help.

On an unrelated note, has anyone here tried syncing play counts between Poweramp on Android and MusicBee on Windows? I use MusicBee to sync my library down to my phone, but it would be cool if I could have the playcounts synced between both apps too.

1 hour ago, kaurloto said:

Understandable - I was hoping that my Google purchase would be honored by your team and I'd get a direct download code

Unfortunately your purchase contract is with Google, not with Poweramp. And to be fair on them, it is still available to you but you have chosen to no longer use the service from which you made the purchase. It's rather like buying an e-book from Amazon and then deciding you don't want to use their services anymore and asking the author to let you download a free copy from them instead.

Poweramp's Play Counts are stored internally in its music database, they are not written back into the audio files (e.g. MP3's 'POPM' ID3 tag). I'm not sure where MusicBee stores its own play counts, but I'd suspect they are not very readily accessible either. If it uses the POPM tag though, you could use a third-party app like Music Playlist Manager which can embed Poweramp's Rating and Play Count database values back into the original audio files. Then you could sync the audio files back over to MusicBee for it to re-read. And the reverse process would be possible too. However it's messy, and would really only be worth doing as an irregular or one-off process, and then the counts would start to drift apart again. 

Andre

@kaurloto we can't do this generally as number of such requests going to be high and we need to hire another person just to do this work. We do this in a limited manner for Website only purchases as it is flexible. Unfortunately economics of the project doesn't allow moving purchases between app stores - as this is one time purchase, no subscription - and I try to keep this model.

Another thing is a permanent license for Poweramp which is stored on the device. If we're going to manage license remotely, online checks are needed and users do not generally like that (the online checks for the offline player or other offline tools).